Verado shift actuator fault

• Alex Templeton

Evening folks, I have a 2011 250 verado that’s giving me intermittent fits. Motor runs like a top, no shifting issues no sputtering no clunks. When my issue first started I was on plane running around 4300rpms alarm went off and my motor went into a limp mode chugging not willing to take any action from the throttle. I shut down started back up and the issue went away for the remainder of the day. The next outing it did it again this time while powering up to get on plane. I again shut down and went about my day. got to the ramp and went to power load the boat and again this alarm went off, this time the motor acted as if it were in throttle only. Running at 3800rpms constantly. I again shut down and got it cranked up on the trailer. Got home checked every connection I could find I came to find a loose negative connection at the battery, and what I believe to be a blown or roached fuse. (Looks burnt) but tests on the bottom side of the fuse the same as the voltage off the battery. It is a 100amp blue inline fuse sucked into some real tough heat shrink. I believe they are called MICI fuses? I am yet to put the boat on the water since, but is this something that would cause the alarm?

Thanks!

hillhiker
    SE MN

By 2011 you shouldn’t have to worry about that recall in my opinion. However a loose ground, assuming it was a ground for the engine, could definitely cause the issue. The digital throttle and shift systems are very sensitive to voltage and really hate intermittent voltage. It sounds like the fuse you found may be the one pictured? If yes, that’s the fusible link for the alternator output. If you have continuity through the cable you should be good. A similar looking fusible link was used at one time to go from the battery isolator to the battery itself. Same goes for those if your looking at something similar but not on the engine. If there is continuity from one end of the cable to the other I wouldn’t be concerned. The heat shrink on those does discolor over time. If you don’t have continuity then that could be a problem since you wouldn’t be charging your battery(s). That should be relatively obvious though if you have a voltmeter to check the batteries.

Attachments:
    1. Capture.png

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.