Vacation time

• Kyle hulke

I have a couple days off this week by myself and I thought about heading to pool 4 and was wondering if anyone had some tips and tricks for me this time of year for walleye or panfish too.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

I would probably troll quite a bit. The walleye are still fairly scattered.

Tim Chrouser

I know they like ringworms in pool 4 in October. Flow is slow so a 1/4 oz. highest should be the ticket.
    I’m sure jig minnow would work, too.

mojogunter

I was there last weekend and it was slow. Trolling was really slow. Best bite was grinding it out on wing dams jigging with minnows. The panfish bite was really good though in the underwater wood.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I’ll be out a couple days later this week too, likely by myself and my pooch. I don’t think you will do well above Pepin based on my last trip but who knows? I pulled chubs in all sizes from the high bridge up to the dam and not a thing a week ago. we are still a few weeks from good fishing up river as the temps are still in the 60’s. trolling is a solid option, but I think I will try some wingdams down river? feel free to PM if you wish and I will return the favor. Going out Thursday and another if the fishing is decent.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I was there last weekend and it was slow. Trolling was really slow. Best bite was grinding it out on wing dams jigging with minnows. The <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>panfish bite was really good though in the underwater wood.

I was up there Saturday sturgeon exploring for a trip sunday – didn’t find what i wanted so went elsewheres. Wish i had brought the trolling rods though. Looked like everyone was fishing slow up by the dam and having very slow results. There was strong slurry of eyes downstream a ways that probably would’ve gone via a crank.

Flow is very low, find fish in the general main channel sections of their preferred current strength. Water temp was still 60. That’s quite a ways from “Slow” methods that plastics and live bait fall into. 2c.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.