First Snow Pheasants

• rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

geeeez Id swear thats my local lake.. we live by one of the only 2 lakes in Wisconsin that has lotus.. and thats what your looking at there… nice.

Big Lund 20
    Cedar Rapids, IA

This is the only lake that I have ever fished in Iowa that has cover like this. It has been one of my favorite spots this year. Pads = Lotus, I learn something new everyday. Thanks!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Is lotus a particular kind of lilly pad?

We have plenty of lakes down here in southern Wisconsin that have lilly pads similar to that pictured.
    I will have to give them a closer inspection next time I’m out there to see if really is the same as in the pictures here.

Cool pictures by the way!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

Is lotus a particular kind of lilly pad?

It is, but smaller pads and white flowers.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Had a few minutes on Sunday, and I cannot stand to let a nice snowfall go without getting my butt in the field so I decided to get the mutt out for a few hours. The only other time I hunted, I was blanked. Also with bird counts down and a young dog that just flat out does not have any experience, I would be happy to get on any birds.

I hunted for about 3 hours and the only tracks I had seen were from a coyote and I started to get discouraged, but it could have been worse. The weather was nice, the snow was beautiful, and the dog was working well.

About an hour before dark she got on a trail and froze up. The rooster busted from the cover with snow flying off his wings, and after a “warning” shot, the second found it’s mark and we had our first and only bird of the day.

Even being our second trip of the season, and the first bird we have seen, it was still well worth getting in the field and walking some cover. Casey was able to get her first real bird and it was a great day to be out.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Nice, that first one is always special.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Awesome! I’m kicking myself for not sneaking out for a few hours Sunday.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on your late season rooster!

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Nice Pix

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.