Crazy!

• zoomer
    Twin Cities

I made it out on Tuesday. I have two dogs this year a veteran 12 year old lab mix and a two year old yellow lab that I got last spring. Both are rescue dogs and it was the young dogs third trip. The temp was in the low 60’s when I left the house and 39 when I got home. On the drive to the spot the wipers were on high and my hands were at 10 and 2 on the wheel trying to keep the vehicle on the road. As I stepped out of the car the wind almost knocked me on my butt. I had to use the lee side of the vehicle to put my boots and gear on. 20 yards into the field the rain was going in my left ear and coming out my right ear. we got to the far side of the swamp (by this point I was soaking wet) and the old dog gets birdy. she Tracked the bird for about 50 yards before she dissapeared into the cattails. A few minutes later a bird gets up and I detect color and drop it. I had a good mark on the spot and head towrds it and call the dogs over. I am in over my rubber boots (lots of water this year) and the dogs are looking, my only hope is the old dog, they are both looking for 10 minutes. I hear the old dog stop and call her hoping she has found the rooster, Out of the corner of my eye I see the 2 year old check in and I continue to call the older dog. I look down at the 2 year old and she has the bird in her mouth and hands it to me. I am sure that you all heard my Hooting and hollering Only flushed one more bird (hen) in the 2 1/2 hours we were out. Got back to the car glad I had brought a change of clothes. I had the heater on high all the way home as well as a big smile on my face.
    Zoomer

lick

Great story Zoomer

I really like the part about the rain passing thru your ears

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

That’s some funny stuff! Congrats to the young one. It’s awesome seeing a young dog “get it”.

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/SJU

love it when everything starts to come together.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Great story Zoomer

I really like the part about the rain passing thru your ears

Great story

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.