Park Rapids area

• fish509
    St. Michael

Was grouse hunting around this area on monday. I was out 4-5 hours and flushed a dozen or so birds. I’m looking to see what other people in that area were finding.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m hitting thet north shore this weekend then Blackduck next weekend. I will report on those areas when I can.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

It should be amazing up there this weekend Mike. Take some pics of the fall colors for us.

fish509
    St. Michael

I’ll be onthe north shore this weekend for a wedding. I asked the wife if I could bring the dog n gun, but I’m still waiting for her answer. Please post what you find. thanks

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I found that the locals are pretty down on Grouse numbers. They just never seem to bounce back to anything like before. I spoke with a lifetime grouse hunter that grew up there and he quit hunting them. A lot of places are like that now. I literally have to walk/drive/walk all day long to see just a few birds. It seems more like fishing everyday. Spend a lot of time out there to find the spot on spot. To answer your question I will always chase them but right now the north shore seems pretty void of birds to me.

fish509
    St. Michael

I wasn’t able to hunt this weekend but I did talk to a guy who was in the Two Harbors area checking his deer land/stands, and he said he saw a few birds. That’s too bad. Seems how Minnesota is going for almost everything hunting/fishing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.