God Bless America

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Buck,

I don’t get out there that early. The general school of thought is the big schools are south and move north as the water temps go up. Little Bay has resident fish all year of course. Just not sure where to look that early. But I’d have to start at the creeks and rivers that enter there.

-J.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

Anyone have some info they can share I’m planning a trip at the end of April.

FYI…I’m not sure the species you’ll be targeting but the season for walleyes doesn’t open until May 15.

ben_dvoracek
    Eden Prairie, MN

Just thought I would share this picture. I cannot wait until my son is old enough to go with me, and I feel fortunate enough to have a place to go and live in a place where we have the freedom to hunt.
    I was out at my parents house 2 weekends ago and went pheasant hunting. Turned out to be a short hunt in the snow. We leave standing corn up in a few places next to some CRP habitat we have for the pheasants. I hit the 1st plot of standing corn and 2 roosters got up and I was lucky enough to get both of them and had my limit. Not too often you can do that.
    I plan to go 1 more time before the season ends this Thursday with my Bro’s. It is a family tradition to go pheasant hunting during Christmas.

Happy holidays to everyone at IDO. I’ll post a report when I get back.

red_lab
    Winsted,MN

Thanks for sharing and good luck with your brother. F.Y.I. if your in Minnesota the limit is now 3

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Great photo Ben and thank you for the freedom to hunt reminder.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Awesome pic and post Ben! A great reminder to think about as soilders are over seas with out their family protecting our freedom as we enjoy the Holidays with our families!

Good luck the rest of the year!

ford1326
    WHITE BEAR LAKE,MN

Way to go Ben. I have a 16 month old we watch deer hunting vids together and I taught him to say big buck. cant wait to get him in the woods and on the water.

some of our freedoms are at stake, we all need to come together and protect our rights here at home while the brave men and women called to serve their country help protect our country over seas.

Please lets keep the soldiers and their families in our thoughts and prayers this holiday season.
    Want to have a great feeling of giving???

I bought a soldier a cup of coffee and shook her hand and said thank you. She was leaving for Afganistan and was very grateful for the coffee and the hand shake. I wish I could have done more but that is all she wanted. I sure felt great after that.

I know around here we say MEERY CHRISTMAS AND THATS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

GOD BLESS ALL OF US.

paul

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.