12-25 -12-29-07 South Dakota late season pheasats

• dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Just got home from a great pheasant /family/deer hunting trip out to Huron, South Dakota. Christmas day didn’t do much hunting but got out there and looked at our land and scoutted the birds a little bit. Were we in for a heck of a day the next day.
    12-26
    Early birds were a big key to hunt on this day we headed out to some local public land just west of virgil a little bit thinking they would be in the cattails and were they ever. We hit(me and my dad alone)a small area of cattails and boy can I tell you no more from when we closed the door the pheasants were already flying. They were the typical late season birds very weery about whats going on around them. We ended up shooting 2 out of there ourselfs and hit more the rest of the day limiting out.
    12-27
    Got up early this morrning to do some deer hunting and saw a few but this is a pheasant post we hunted our land in Huron and limited out before noon it was a great time watching all the shooters just out.
    12-28
    Berrrrr…. a good morrning to have a cup of coffeee with you because it was one cold day. The birds were jumping up 100yrds infront of us to make it worse so it was a hard time catching up to them. Our luck came soon I was driving down the road and the birds were on the side of a old wheat field we got out went in there and we each dropped all 6 roosters to end our day.
    12-29
    Didn’t hunt this morrning due to we had to leave back here for La Crosse but still am thinking of what next year will be like.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

It sounds like you had a great week Dylan – Congrats to you and your Dad!

pahaarstad
    metro

sounds graet and cool pictures.

sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I love the looks of that cover on the sides of that road, it doesn’t get much better than that

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats on a successful hunt!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.