Underwater camera

• Nicholas

Is the marcum mission worth the extra 100 over the VS485C?

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I have the 485C and so far really like it. Great image quality and you’ll want to get the remote panner.

It looks like the Mission is basically the same thing except it displays direction, water temp, and depth plus 25 feet more of cable.

None of that would have me pay another $100, but if that’s something you would want…there you have it.

Nicholas

How much does direction display help when trying to find and get closer to structure?

tim hurley

How does it help you find and get closer to structure you ask- If you have a depth finder that should help you with structure-the big plus of the camera is showing you fish-AND what kind of fish. So I sometimes fish a lake for crappies with submerged timber, my vex can help me find the timber but what good is structure w/o fish?Vex may even show fish flickering between branches-sunnies in there are dinks, crappies are nice-drop the camera down and you can see. You hear all the time that people fish for walleyes, mark plenty but catch none-Why the heck were they so convinced they were walleyes in the first place? Enter the camera (my 2 cents)

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

How much does direction display help when trying to find and get closer to structure?

Well obviously it does help. Both of these bigger cameras is what I classify as a hard house camera. I mostly fish out of skid house rentals so the house is in place and it doesn’t matter if I see a pile of boulders 10 feet to the south. I’m not moving the house, fishing will be where the house is set. I suppose one could go out and set a tip up out, but I usually don’t bother.

But like Tim said, it is great for seeing what is down there and the picture resolution is awesome. Last time out I was marking some fish on the flasher and after dropping the camera, watched all kinds of perch and tullibees swimming underneath. Heard of tullibees out there, but was cool to see schools of them cruise through amongst the perch. Funny though, we caught walleye but rarely saw them on the camera.

The Recon 5+ I think would be considered for the mobile anglers using portables. Put in your pocket.

tim hurley

Many would see a large mark from a tullie and assume suspended walleyes in that case you would not get walleyes and you probably would’nt get the tullies either!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.