Uncut sight fishing trout

• troutbum
    St. Paul

Battery auger for the win.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Love this guy’s videos, he posts very little, but he’s on quality fish when he posts them!

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Unreal what that guy puts out. Not only are the fish and videos quality but he comes up with the most interesting ideas and follows through with them.
    I think he spends more time finding bites than we realize. I think he puts ample time in, then once he finds the bite he’s looking for he puts into action his idea that no one else has really thought of. I think there’s more failure than we realize in his videos that we never hear about.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

He puts out the best material when it comes to fishing videos. I hate to see it on a ido site but dang it’s awesome. Look at all that work he puts in solo. When it’s that cold out.

rjohnson8404

I am dissapointed he shaved the caveman hair and beard. Maybe he just wanted to tie a bunch of jigs and thats where the hair went?
    His videos are awesome I also enjoy his old camera man Jay makes some good videos also.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

His first videos I found him slightly annoying. He had that John Gillispie grab everybody’s fish away from them syndrome. He still has his energy, but he’s mellowed out just enough. I almost think he was meant to run solo. I really enjoy him now.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

His first videos I found him slightly annoying. He had that John Gillispie grab everybody’s fish away from them syndrome. He still has his energy, but he’s mellowed out just enough. I almost think he was meant to run solo. I really enjoy him now. [/quote

I bet he would be a hoot to fish with for a weekend. That or annoying as all hell after 1 day

Whopper Stopper
    Forest Lake MN

Best fishing show out there IMHO

WS

bbuchho90

I think he spends more time finding bites than we realize. I think he puts ample time in, then once he finds the bite he’s looking for he puts into action his idea that no one else has really thought of. I think there’s more failure than we realize in his videos that we never hear about.

Yes. But at the same time, he’s VERY knowledgeable when it comes to fishing. It’s a combination of that and putting the time in. I think there’s failure there, but less failure than the average person. He knows where and how to find fish. I believe he used to guide, I think part of why he doesn’t put out as many vids now is that he’s busy with other things like promoting brands and going to trade shows. Just a guess though.

We were fishing the northern islands part of LOTW this fall and we drove by an Alumacraft, solo guy, camera mounts all over the boat, shaggy hair, singing and talking to himself. It was Wiebe lol

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

I completely agree. I should not have used the word ‘failure’ but rather he has days that I think are not video worthy in HIS opinion and that is why he doesn’t post much.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Gotta love this guys creativity and enthusiasm. He’s amassed a wealthy of knowledge for such a young guy.

Al Case

Excentric, hard working, inventive and knowledgeable. It’s a great combo. I love his videos.

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

I think his sight fishing videos are his best work. He cut a hole a few years ago that took over an hour to cut. I think it was about 4×6 and a few feet thick.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Who else bet he wasn’t getting the ‘undercam’ back after only putting a few inches of line on there to snag it. wave

I love Aaron’s work. Quality of the videos is awesome which is why he doesn’t put as much content out. I also like that he makes a point to show proper handling and conservation of fish. Not that others don’t, but he does a nice job of it. He used to have a segment with a biologist talking about the importance of catch and release and fish handling etc and usually showed a trophy fish that was caught and released more than once. Really cool stuff.

Anyone try out his ice fishing gear yet? Frostbite?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.