Ulterra

• uncle-glen-1
    LaCrosse, Wi

The new Ulterra’s are in. Picked mine up at Cabela’s in PDC today.

Rob92761
    La Crosse WI

I pick mine up in Owatonna on Friday installed on Friday. Went fishing on Saturday and used it on. WOW I fish by myself most of the time this will be time save, can’t wait to use it when the water is rough.

uncle-glen-1
    LaCrosse, Wi

What type of boat and size do you have?

Mike West

Question, Did any of you remove a terrova to re install the Ulterra? Curious if the bolt patterns are the same.
    Thanks in advance

uncle-glen-1
    LaCrosse, Wi

Mike, I had a quick release bracket on my Terrova, and the Ulterra slid right in.
    So no bolts to attach. Hope this helps a little.
    Glen

Mike West

Thanks Uncle Glen
    My Terrova is permanently mounted to the front of my 620.
    If I was to make the change over, I sure would hate to have to drill more holes through the glass.
    I’m sure Minn Kota or any dealer can answer this
    Think I wait just a little while to see how this new concept plays out.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I pick mine up in Owatonna on Friday installed on Friday. Went fishing on Saturday and used it on. WOW I fish by myself most of the time this will be time save, can’t wait to use it when the water is rough.

Is the spot lock better on this over the Terrova?

Rob92761
    La Crosse WI

Is the spot lock better on this over the Terrova?
    [/quote]

i had old version of the terrova. and i did not use the spot lock yet.

uncle-glen-1
    LaCrosse, Wi

I thought the spot lock on my Terrova was good and I think the Ulterra might be a little better, just got to use it this week! I love the way the Ulterra performs, the power stow and deploy is great and I use it alot. Also the power trim is great for retrieving hung lures and shallow water operation.

Jim Carter
    Pittsburgh

Mine is due in on Monday I was wondering if you have any idea of the range of the remote. ie how far from the boat can the remote be and still stow and deploy ?

thank Jim

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Are any of your Ulterras a “Link” or a “36” volt?
    I ask cause I’ve asked Minnkota “WHEN?”
    I’m getting the run a round and a “stamped” response to my 2 e-mail questions.

uncle-glen-1
    LaCrosse, Wi

Haven’t had a chance to check the range yet, hard to do on the water, and off the water, motor contacts trailer, will have to get a buddy on the water and jump in his boat. Would not want to do it from shore!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I checked the web page and see that their are. click the Models tab

What do you mean by this?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Which model do you have Glen?

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Mine is due in on Monday I was wondering if you have any idea of the range of the remote. ie how far from the boat can the remote be and still stow and deploy ?

thank Jim

I think I remember reading only 30ft.

FDR

Bryan Myers

Mike the hole pattern on the ulterra is the same as the terrova. The only difference on the foot print is that the ulterra is wider than the terrova so if you have anything mounted tight to the side of the terrova you might have an issue.

uncle-glen-1
    LaCrosse, Wi

I have the ulterra 80 with universal sonar, what I meant about trying the range when the boat is on land is that the motor when deployed, contacts the trailer, so I haven’t tried operating it, I imagine if I was very careful, I could do it, but haven’t as of yet.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.