Ulterra will not deploy motor error

• Richard Lowhorn

I had problems with ulterra to the point I replaced the control panel. Now motif is stowed and shows motor error on remote and dies not respond to foot unit. I’ve tried most of what’s available on internet with no success.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Unplug the motor from the batteries, wait a couple of minutes then reconnect it to the power and try again.

igotone

what was issue before you replace the panel (board)

I had an issue with mine, replaced the board and it was bad!
    got another one and it worked.

tech said to me that they have problems with getting a working one all the time

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Im sure you watched this already

Tony Hanson

Welcome to the Ulterra, mine did this last year (1 month out of warranty) and ended up needing to replace the mother board. Parts were back ordered then, so I was without mine for 2 months last summer. I gave up after the first month and replaced mine with an Ultrex. After the debacle that was the MinnKota Genesis, I should have known better than to buy the Ulterra, shame on me. Hopefully yours is something lesser and/or parts are at least available to fix it.

Richard Lowhorn

Thanks for response. I’ve had two ulterra and even with problems I love it. This one I think just needs to fully deploy and reset but cannot deploy. They need a emergency deploy like they have on a lot reset and stow. I think I will have to put water, or take ulterra off boat, and take it apart to deploy. Unless someone has a better answer.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Deployment and stowing is about as much effort as bending over to put on your socks.

I don’t get why anyone would tolerate this failure which keeps you from fishing.

Good luck I guess.

Smellson

Deployment and stowing is about as much effort as bending over to put on your socks.

I don’t get why anyone would tolerate this failure which keeps you from fishing.

Good luck I guess.

I haven’t had to step foot in the bow of my boat for years. That’s why we tolerate it. I’ve had two hickups with my ulterra in 7 years, wouldn’t even think about going back. As far as the original post, give minn kota a call. From my experience, their techs are very good.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

X2 had mine for 4 years love it especially when on big water on windy days. I would get to the spot I would like to fish and hold on to my bow as I deployed my trolling motor hoping I didn’t get tossed out. I fish out of a 21′ boat.

Karry Kyllo

I’ve had my Ulterra for 5 years or so now and I love it.
    Although they’ve been good trolling motors for me in the past,I hope I never have to go back to a Terrova.
    Crawling up in front of the boat in waves to deploy or stow a trolling isn’t for this old man if I don’t have to. My balance isn’t what it once was.

Richard Lowhorn

Would love to know what your answer is to deploying without power?

thalweg87
    Eastern Iowa

Would love to know what your answer is to deploying without power?

For me the answer is – if I don’t have enough power to deploy my ulterra, I don’t have enough power to move my boat. If batteries are that depleted it won’t matter if it is an ulterra or terrova.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.