Ulterra user error

• Mike m

Took the day off to fish pool 9. Deploy trolling motor, Start fishing , go to move to next spot , remote is dead , cant stow trolling motor . No problem, I put spares in the boat , cant find them . No problem, I put the manual in the boat, so I’ll manually stow it . Doesn’t say a word about how to manually stow the motor . Cell service spotty , can’t google . I limped it to the boat landing and my daughter brought me batteries. Long story short , don’t be me , plan for this scenario.

bob

Been there done that. Luckily had cell service and could look up how to manually stow it on YouTube. Still wish there was a better option then having to take of side housing and remove screws.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I keep a charge cable and usb adapter for 12 volt in the boat, problem solved. Actually my remote stays in the boat if it needs charging I just plug it in over night.

snelson223
    Austin MN

I wouldn’t want to think about the pieces I would lose while trying to manually store it. Luckily I never had that problem with mine.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

For some of these reasons alone my Terrova works great. I can deploy it myself.

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

I’ve never HAD to stow it manually, but a while back, I watched the video and stowed it manually in my garage just to go through the procedure and know I had all tools needed in my boat at all times.

milemark_714

Dead remote or remote got schlepped overboard and no foot pedal?Push and hold power button on motor base for 10 seconds and it should stow itself.It can be a quirky motor,so I carry a cheat sheet of tricks just in-case.This motor should have a feature to detect low voltage and stow itself before voltage drops below a set level.I bet lots of guys had to do the manual take apart procedure to stow when trolling motor batteries pooched-out?

blank

You could download the Minnkota iPilot app on your phone to have as a backup remote for those instances. Edit: This only for 2017 or newer bluetooth models.

If you have Humminbirds and have the ipilot Link, you can control the motor from the Humminibird too.

Mike m

I’ve never HAD to stow it manually, but a while back, I watched the video and stowed it manually in my garage just to go through the procedure and know I had all tools needed in my boat at all times.

. Thats a good idea , I did watch a couple videos on this after I got home but haven’t done it

Mike m

Dead remote or remote got schlepped overboard and no foot pedal?Push and hold power button on motor base for 10 seconds and it should stow itself.It can be a quirky motor,so I carry a cheat sheet of tricks just in-case.This motor should have a feature to detect low voltage and stow itself before voltage drops below a set level.I bet lots of guys had to do the manual take apart procedure to stow when trolling motor batteries pooched-out?

Thats the first Ive heard of the 10sec power button trick , seems simple enough to test and alot easier than manually stowing . The warning you are referring to is for the main batteries im assuming , not the remote ? after being spotlocked for awhile , I picked up the remote to stow and it was blank . It would turn back on a bit and immediately shut off again . This motor is less thsn a year old , but its not bluetooth or ilink . Remote has 3 aaa batteries .

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Next time it stalls out on you and beeps at ypo, disconnect the power then reattach the power . Turn it back on and press stow or deploy.

Or a phillips screwdriver to remove the outer housing on the starboard side then loosen the screw that is in the black lever and slide it up.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.