Twins on your phone?

• Coletrain27

Is there a way to get the twins games on your phone for free? I don’t need video I just want to listen to the games broadcasted on radio with my phone if possible

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

If you have XM radio, put the app on your phone. It is free if you have a subscription in your vehicle. Most of the radio stations that stream online cannot broadcast the games over the internet.

broeker
    Minneapolis, MN

I still keep my portable Sangean from the 90s for Twins/Vikings games when I’m out fishing or poking around. It has always been absurd to me that I can listen to any game for free on an AM radio but not on my phone.

If I understand the current rules, mlb.com blacks out local TV feeds but not local radio so I think you can also stream Twins for $3.99/mo which is not bad I guess.

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20230503_050233292.MP_-scaled.jpg

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I would think you could stream WCCO radios live feed.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I would think you could stream WCCO radios live feed.

Does WCCO have an app? I listen to KFAN on my phone all the time through the iheart app. That includes Wild and Vikings games, if I’m not able to watch them.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I tried it once, then my phone died of bordem. So I didn’t make that mistake twice.

Matt Vogel

I stream WCCO through the radio.net app. It works great!

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

The app is called Audacy

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Twins are blocked on the WCCO mobile App (Audacy.com)

-J.

Coletrain27

Thanks everybody. I’ll check out the wcco thing

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

It didn’t work last year. But I get it now. Maybe because you’re in the metro.

Coletrain27

Listening to them right now through wcco audicy app right now. Thanks guys peace

slough

Read something about a week ago about the Audacy thing having some issues with obnoxiously loud and long ads (to the point of missing entire half innings). I don’t plan to use it but any truth to that?

Coletrain27

Read something about a week ago about the Audacy thing having some issues with obnoxiously loud and long ads (to the point of missing entire half innings). I don’t plan to use it but any truth to that?

i didnt notice that at all yesterday but that was the first time ive used it. give it a try, i didnt even have to download the app

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

i didnt notice that at all yesterday but that was the first time ive used it. give it a try, i didnt even have to download the app

Was this on your phone?

-J.

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

Was this on your phone?

-J.

yes

Coletrain27

Here’s a screen shot, Just clicked on the “listen” icon in the upper right and it brings it up. Never had to download anything

Attachments:
    1. 9B18C97A-0137-431A-8F7F-FC657A4FADAE.png

broeker
    Minneapolis, MN

For what it’s worth I downloaded the Audacy app based on this thread so I could listen to the Twins out on the lake. Sadly I left my trusty Sangean behind because when I tuned in the other night on a metro lake I was listening to whomever was on before pre-game show, and then boom: this app is restricted due to your location.

Maybe it is different once you are out of the metro but I can confirm that the best option in Minneapolis city limits is still paying a few bucks a month for the MLB app, or a trusty AM radio.

Coletrain27

For what it’s worth I downloaded the Audacy app based on this thread so I could listen to the Twins out on the lake. Sadly I left my trusty Sangean behind because when I tuned in the other night on a metro lake I was listening to whomever was on before pre-game show, and then boom: this app is restricted due to your location.

Maybe it is different once you are out of the metro but I can confirm that the best option in Minneapolis city limits is still paying a few bucks a month for the MLB app, or a trusty AM radio.

never had that problem in rochester. i used it again last night and listened to the game ???

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.