Fall turkey hunting

• scottsteil
    Central MN

I believe it is gone for good. It is my understanding it was a technical nighmare to maintain.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

ok thanks. was jsut curious

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

for what its worth…

You may have noticed that many of the guides with IDA/IDO have info/wesite links in their signature (at the bottom of their posts)Also, if you click on their name and check their profile you may also find more info…It takes more time but it is an alternative for you.

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Well anyone have any tips for a first timer fall turkey hunter, ie. set ups, to decoy or not? what calling if any? Thanks all

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I found what works good in the fall for me is to break up the flock. If I find them in the woods I like to bust them up so they fly…then I’ll sit down and quietly make some soft calls to try and bring them back together. Calling soft though is the key…when they scatter they will be looking to get the group back together! Good luck!

lick

another good tatic i like is to split them off the roost at night then slip in the next morning and work the flock have had great success with this another tatic is to pattern birds in an area they feed

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Excellent strategies guys! However, one of the challenges if you didn’t have a lot of time to scout is to actually find the flock! During the day, I like to run and gun and cover a lot of ground looking for scratchings in the leaves. Make sure you stop and listen along the way because they will make a lot of noise scratching in the dry leaves. Once you find some fresh sign, determine why the turkeys are in this area and what the food source is. Look for some nearby roosting spots and put the puzzle together.

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Thanks Guys, never would’ve thought . I’ll be doing some research .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.