beginners luck

• packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Just a quick report, bought a over the counter license, very first time turkey hunting yesterday ran in to a skunk going out on land I have not scouted, had to make alittle detour needless to say.
    Well got the blind set up and they started to gobble all around, so I started calling and here comes 2 both from diffrent directions. I seen one strarting to cross the dike road then just disappeared, about a minute went by and up he pops 3 yards from the decoy set out a 20yrds. with 1 shot My very first turkey season was over in 45 minutes.
    Kinda nice my coffee was still warm when I got back to my vehicle.
    On another note those slate calls can make some wierd noises when you shaking

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Yes a couple miles out of Lake City to the south up on a bluff top.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Turkey hunting takes patience…. yeah right !!! Nice Job

big G

lick

its always better to be lucky than good

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congratulations on your first turkey hunt!

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Thanks guys nothing hugh but I’m more than happy . He came in at 20lbs.3 oz. 9″ beard and 1″ spurs
    Bad part at 8 that morning we had to put down our 14 year old english springer, . She was getting too agressive to our 2 year old son. I love dogs but I’ll NEVER put my son in danger that I could control.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Congrats on your first tom! It is quite a rush when you know you’re going to get a shot! Another turkey hunter hooked for life!

coppertop
    Central MN

Yep! Great job! Congrats on your tom!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.