turkey contest photo!

• tanders
    Rush River, WI

My season was the first season in 2007. Wich was wednesday the 11th. When I woke up to go hunting it was snowing and blowing pretty heavy. I figured the birds wouldnt be out in the fields strutting since it was so nasty, so i waited until light, put on my white suit and headed into the bottom of our valley. When I got to the spot that I wanted to set up I blew a peacock locator call and he gobbled, almost right on top of me. I had no time to set up a decoy, so I sat down and gave out a set of purrs and they showed up just like that. A pair of nice toms. They got to about 25 yards and I let the bigger of the two have it. Turns out he was 26 1/2 pounds 11 inch beard and 1 inch spurs. A 10 minute walk, a set of purrs, and some nasty weather, to bag my biggest bird ever!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If you are having issues posting the pic you can send it to: [email protected]

I’ll get it put up for you.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If you are having issues posting the pic you can send it to: [email protected]

I’ll get it put up for you.

tanders
    Rush River, WI

Yea sorry I dont know what i did wrong. Im kinda green when it comes to the “net”!

tanders
    Rush River, WI

Yea sorry I dont know what i did wrong. Im kinda green when it comes to the “net”!

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

congrat,s nice bird! thats a pretty cool picture in the snow.

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

congrat,s nice bird! thats a pretty cool picture in the snow.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

That is a nice looking bird Travis…and welcome to IDA! Hoping my season (next week) is as good as yours was!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

That is a nice looking bird Travis…and welcome to IDA! Hoping my season (next week) is as good as yours was!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats Travis on an awesome bird and welcome to IDA! Gotta love that snow in the background! You don’t see that every day on a turkey pic!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats Travis on an awesome bird and welcome to IDA! Gotta love that snow in the background! You don’t see that every day on a turkey pic!

tanders
    Rush River, WI

Thanks guys! We ended up having a great first season in our camp. We hunted hard and managed going three for three in the first season. All nice toms. My wife and my father-in-law each have a season left so hopefully we can get them a bird also! Good luck to everyone and happy hunting!

tanders
    Rush River, WI

Thanks guys! We ended up having a great first season in our camp. We hunted hard and managed going three for three in the first season. All nice toms. My wife and my father-in-law each have a season left so hopefully we can get them a bird also! Good luck to everyone and happy hunting!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.