Gobbler Guillotine!!!

• dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

All I can say is WOW!!! I tested these broadheads today for the fist time and man was I impressed!! I shot at 10yds first with a cucumber on an old arrow stuck in the ground to simulate a turkey head. I couldn’t tell if I hit it because nothing happened when I shot. I got out of the blind to check and it was sliced clean through. It didn’t even knock the top of the cucumber off. Went through it like hot butter. I then shot 18yds because I think that’s the max yardage I’m gonna shoot these and did the same thing. The blades did bend though when I hit my backstop so I definitely did not want to shoot too many times. They are a little pricey but if I don’t have to track and chase a gobbler again this year it will be worth it!!! Has anyone else tried these?

Good luck this year!!

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

I have herd nothing but great things about these broadheads.I am going to give them a try myself this year.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

I have herd nothing but great things about these broadheads.I am going to give them a try myself this year.

robby
    Quad Cities

They sure look neat! Let us know how they work for you. Do they fly true, meaning does point of impact change much? I would only worry about wind planing.

robby
    Quad Cities

They sure look neat! Let us know how they work for you. Do they fly true, meaning does point of impact change much? I would only worry about wind planing.

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

They fly pretty good out to about 15-20yds. I wouldn’t shoot past that by any means. They do not plane very much due to the green straw material you put over the blades. You have to go to a longer arrow to accomodate the large blades so your impact point might change a little. I only noticed about “maybe” an inch drop at 18yds. I didn’t change my sights because I have some rocket broadheads on my other arrows for anything past 20yds. I’ll definitely let you know how they work…hopefully tomorrow!
    Good luck to everyone hunting the Iowa opener tomorrow!!!!!

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

They fly pretty good out to about 15-20yds. I wouldn’t shoot past that by any means. They do not plane very much due to the green straw material you put over the blades. You have to go to a longer arrow to accomodate the large blades so your impact point might change a little. I only noticed about “maybe” an inch drop at 18yds. I didn’t change my sights because I have some rocket broadheads on my other arrows for anything past 20yds. I’ll definitely let you know how they work…hopefully tomorrow!
    Good luck to everyone hunting the Iowa opener tomorrow!!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.