Double Bull Blind Question

• dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Hey guys, I just purchased the Matrix 360 blind and was wondering about any experiences, good or bad, anyone has had with them. I bowhunted out of the T5 last year and loved it. Don’t think I’ll ever just sit by a tree again. Getting too old and fidgety!

waterfowler99
    Midwest

a freind has that 360 and swears by it, he travels 5-6 states bow hunting longbeards and wouldnt leave home w/ out it

waterfowler99
    Midwest

a freind has that 360 and swears by it, he travels 5-6 states bow hunting longbeards and wouldnt leave home w/ out it

mikemohr
    eau claire wi.

i own a double bull 360 it is the best thing i have bought my faimly and i have shot 6 turkeys in 3 years they can not see this blind. A story for you we went out one moring and set up right in the middle of a 40 acres of corn the turkeys came right to us didn’t even see the blind. You will not regret buying this blind.
    good luck

mikemohr
    eau claire wi.

i own a double bull 360 it is the best thing i have bought my faimly and i have shot 6 turkeys in 3 years they can not see this blind. A story for you we went out one moring and set up right in the middle of a 40 acres of corn the turkeys came right to us didn’t even see the blind. You will not regret buying this blind.
    good luck

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Hey thanks guys for the input. Hey Mike, do you have the green or the brown? I bought the green, mainly for turkey hunting but I would like to also try it for deer hunting with my young son. I don’t think it will matter too much on deer either.

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Hey thanks guys for the input. Hey Mike, do you have the green or the brown? I bought the green, mainly for turkey hunting but I would like to also try it for deer hunting with my young son. I don’t think it will matter too much on deer either.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

You should do good deer hunting with it too…but you might want to use some brush to break up the outline a little. That should increase your chances for deer! Just my .02 worth!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

You should do good deer hunting with it too…but you might want to use some brush to break up the outline a little. That should increase your chances for deer! Just my .02 worth!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I agree with Dartman. You can have thes blinds out in the middle of the open field and the turkey can not pick anything out and could not be the wiser. If you use this thing for Deer Hunting however, I suggest like Dartman said brushing it in, cause the deer will notice something is not right if you don’t and avoid coming in close. Believe me I have tried. Set it up so you got good break up of the blind behind the blind and take twigs to lay them in front and on top to “brush” it in. Good Luck!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I agree with Dartman. You can have thes blinds out in the middle of the open field and the turkey can not pick anything out and could not be the wiser. If you use this thing for Deer Hunting however, I suggest like Dartman said brushing it in, cause the deer will notice something is not right if you don’t and avoid coming in close. Believe me I have tried. Set it up so you got good break up of the blind behind the blind and take twigs to lay them in front and on top to “brush” it in. Good Luck!

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Thanks guys,
    I’ll definitely do that!!!! Good luck this year!!!

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Thanks guys,
    I’ll definitely do that!!!! Good luck this year!!!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

DB blinds are overrated Seriously, I love my T-5 and use it for deer, turkey, and scouting. I brush mine in for deer or set it up right next to round bales in the field if available. I have had deer within touching distance of mine. Of course they were does, fawns, and young bucks. They are an awesome tool to have

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

DB blinds are overrated Seriously, I love my T-5 and use it for deer, turkey, and scouting. I brush mine in for deer or set it up right next to round bales in the field if available. I have had deer within touching distance of mine. Of course they were does, fawns, and young bucks. They are an awesome tool to have

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Hey Mike,
    Are you gonna make it down to Lynxville fishing this year? I just missed ya last year! Good luck with the turkeys this year!!!

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Hey Mike,
    Are you gonna make it down to Lynxville fishing this year? I just missed ya last year! Good luck with the turkeys this year!!!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I should head down there sometime soon. It is a nice dam to fish. I fished it a couple times last year and caught some fish.
    I need all the help I can with the turkeys Hopefully this will be the year I get one

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I should head down there sometime soon. It is a nice dam to fish. I fished it a couple times last year and caught some fish.
    I need all the help I can with the turkeys Hopefully this will be the year I get one

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

I’ve been turkey hunting for about 10 years and always seem to get one or two a year, but last year was the first with a bow and it’s definitely an addiction. Especially out of a DB blind. i hunted out of a t5 last year but it wasn’t mine. HAD A BLAST!!! Had a heck of a time getting the bird after the shot though. They always run on me and hide and I can’t find em. Gonna try the Gobbler Guillotine this year so that it’s either hit and dead or clean miss. Hopefully that helps because it just kills me to lose a turkey. Best of luck again!!!!!!!

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

I’ve been turkey hunting for about 10 years and always seem to get one or two a year, but last year was the first with a bow and it’s definitely an addiction. Especially out of a DB blind. i hunted out of a t5 last year but it wasn’t mine. HAD A BLAST!!! Had a heck of a time getting the bird after the shot though. They always run on me and hide and I can’t find em. Gonna try the Gobbler Guillotine this year so that it’s either hit and dead or clean miss. Hopefully that helps because it just kills me to lose a turkey. Best of luck again!!!!!!!

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

JUST ANOTHER THOUGHT , I YOU ARE GUN HUNTING FOR DEER,I WOULD SUGGEST PUTTING SOME ORANGE ON IT, NOT SURE IF IT IS PART OF THE REGS OR NOT JUST A SAFETY SUGGESTION

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

Quote:

JUST ANOTHER THOUGHT , I YOU ARE GUN HUNTING FOR DEER,I WOULD SUGGEST PUTTING SOME ORANGE ON IT, NOT SURE IF IT IS PART OF THE REGS OR NOT JUST A SAFETY SUGGESTION

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

GARVI-That is an excellent piece of advice. I do not use mine for that exact reason. But I have considered using it and putting orange on ALL sides

dandrews-Does ADM have any openings for a guy that is 1 semester short of an Agriculture Science/Technology Degree?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

GARVI-That is an excellent piece of advice. I do not use mine for that exact reason. But I have considered using it and putting orange on ALL sides

dandrews-Does ADM have any openings for a guy that is 1 semester short of an Agriculture Science/Technology Degree?

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Hey Mike, I sent you a pm!

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Hey Mike, I sent you a pm!

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Quote:

I almost forgot, thanks for the tip GARVI, I never even thought of the blaze orange thing, that sounds like a great idea, especially with some of the “knuckleheads” I’ve seen hunting down here!

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Quote:

I almost forgot, thanks for the tip GARVI, I never even thought of the blaze orange thing, that sounds like a great idea, especially with some of the “knuckleheads” I’ve seen hunting down here!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I hunt rifle out of my ground blinds a lot and do throw my Orange vest and tie it to the top. Sometimes, I have used my Orange Hat also and connected it to the hub? on top. Very good point made earlier.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.