Turkey Time

• Hoyt4
    NULL

Not enough turkey talk going on. What are everyone’s plans for the spring?

This year I will not be making SD which sucks but all but me in the group could not make the hunt. Heading to NE April 1st . Hunt season B in MN , Wi first season will be season C. Then I will have two more tags for season E May 11th. I will see if I can make any other hunts work out this spring but so far this is all.

Pretty much all packed up for NE ,blinds are fixed and ready to go. Just need to shoot the bow a little more and get a few more broadheads. Can’t wait the next two weeks will not go fast enough.

Good luck to everyone hunting this spring.

dbright
    Cambridge

This will be my first spring turkey hunt. I have been out a few times scouting and have been able to locate some of the same groups that I tried hunting last fall. The past couple weeks the Gf and her dog have had enough of listening to me practice my calls.

What do you guys like to use for decoys? That is the only thing I have not picked up yet.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Dbright
    Avian X , DSD jake decoy if I use any at all.

I bet the mouth calls do get loud and annoying this time of year. You will see a few guys at stop lights just ripping on the calls. Funny to watch cause that is what I look like to. )

Good luck.

schoff
    S.E., SD

Got my SD gun and archery tags. Also heading to KS for the first time with 2 tags in hand. Can’t wait!!

For decoys I run Dakota Decoys.

Cody hesseltine
    Maryland

I’ll be hunting Virginia opener the April 8th then MD the following weekend. The. Headed up to NY for opening weekend. Maybe Ohio but I don’t think I’ll have time.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Shot the bow for a few hours Tuesday sure felt good to be outside shooting. Next Friday cannot come fast enough for Turkey time.

Hoyt4
    NULL

First hunt is here only have to get through one more day of work. Heading out tonight after work to NE. Cannot wait for tomorrow morning first gobble is always one of the best in the spring.

schoff
    S.E., SD

Good luck!!

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Hoyt,

What are you shooting for broadheads? Heading to SoDak tonight with a couple of Bullheads in the quiver.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Rockets
    Sidewinders and hammerheads been shooting them since they started in MN.

Good luck

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I’ll be headed out here in SE, Mn on April 13th, and hopefully my season will also end that day. )

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.