TUCR Inferno?

• 404 ERROR
    MN

Beginning of the end?…

tucrs
    NW Metro

Beginning of the end?…

No that is not is at all. There is a great market for custom rods built here. But there is also other fisherman that are looking for a rod that is a great value and offers up a high level of performance.

Over the years people have been ask more and more for this than anything else.

Craig Kilber

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Merican Eagle wrote:</div>
    Beginning of the end?…

No that is not is at all. There is a great market for custom rods built here. But there is also other fisherman that are looking for a rod that is a great value and offers up a high level of performance.

Why the cheaper price tag? What was used differently than your other ice rods?

tucrs
    NW Metro

They are very different from our custom ice rods. They do not have REC guides nor can you order any custom options on them.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Beginning of the end?…

Are these made “In house” by you guys John?

Beginning of the end?…

tucrs
    NW Metro

These are not made in house.

This is a separate line from our in house builds. Nothing has changed in regards of that.

SoDak Fisher Guy
    Eastern SD

Will they be available online on the TUCR site, or Scheels?

Jeff Schomaker

Do the backbone of these rods have any comparison to the custom line?

AaronMoore

are the blanks the same just different guides?

hnd

no noodle?

tucrs
    NW Metro

These are a retail store rod just designed by us. They are not the same blanks nor the same rods.

We cannot offer the high end type actions with complex grinds for that price level. This is more for people wanting to get a great rod for less money.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Will they be available online on the TUCR site, or Scheels?

Only at Scheels, Cabelas, Kabeles, and Thousand Lakes.

hnd

the one thing i saw made it seem like an attached spring bobber. good to know. will give one a try.

Cameron white

According to comments on their FB post, these are off shore rods. Probably China. Not a bad idea if the quality is good… that’s the 50 thousand dollar question when you add a bargain line to your custom shop line up.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

just hope for their sake the rods aren’t crap and ruin their image on their custom rods….

I could see them endorsing a 2nd market of rods without hurting their custom rod market assuming they made sure the standards of those oversea rods me their requirements. I own a number of TUCR custom rods and if the oversea rods are good enough for TUCR to put their name on them, then there good enough for me.
    JMHO

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bob clowncolor wrote:</div>
    just hope for their sake the rods aren’t crap and ruin their image on their custom rods….

I could see them endorsing a 2nd market of rods without hurting their custom rod market assuming they made sure the standards of those oversea rods me their requirements. I own a number of TUCR custom rods and if the oversea rods are good enough for TUCR to put their name on them, then there good enough for me.
    JMHO

Let’s hope so, all new product without any previous “mass” consumer experience with them yet. I am hoping they are successful, I am a big fan of TUCR and would be disappointed if this new product didn’t meet expectations for a $55 rod.

Dan Baker

I think people will really like these rods. I have had my hands on them (never fished with them) and they do feel really nice. The cork is top notch and the guides look solid. The blanks have been tuned by the Master Rod Builder at TUCR so they won’t feel like other off the shelf rods out there. They are quite light and fast in the tip, aside from the UL. That said, there is a noticeable difference between the Inferno and the Custom line of rods. If you’re trying to decide between St. Croix’s, 13 fishing, and some of the better Clam rods; the Inferno is an excellent choice.
    Dan

Cameron white

I think people will really like these rods. I have had my hands on them (never fished with them) and they do feel really nice. The cork is top notch and the guides look solid. The blanks have been tuned by the Master Rod Builder at TUCR so they won’t feel like other off the shelf rods out there. They are quite light and fast in the tip, aside from the UL. That said, there is a noticeable difference between the Inferno and the Custom line of rods. If you’re trying to decide between St. Croix’s, 13 fishing, and some of the better Clam rods; the Inferno is an excellent choice.
    Dan[/quote

If these are a mass produced rod, there’s no way a master rod builder went through every rod and tuned it. There was no mention of that in any FB post they did. Said they were designed by tucr, and built off shore.

Dan Baker

I’m not sure of your definition of tuning. The rod blanks have been specifically designed by the TUCR Rod Builders. Meaning, they added the tapers in the locations that they specified to get the exact rod action that they intend each rod to have. That’s what I mean when I say they were tuned.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Couldn’t that also be interpreted as ‘we gave our specs to the manufacturers and they built the blanks to those specifications?’.

Could be splitting hairs, but mass produced to spec x by a machine is different than hand built/tapered to those specs at a custom shop, I think.

I honestly don’t know if most ‘custom’ builders actually do all that shaping/tapering themselves or if they just do it once and then pass those specs on to their blank manufacturer.

Not a dig on either, cause there’s absolutely a place in the market for mass produced(yet well made) ice rods. I mean let’s be real, how many ‘custom made’ open water rods do most people have compared to off the rack?

Cameron white

I’m not sure of your definition of tuning. The rod blanks have been specifically designed by the TUCR Rod Builders. Meaning, they added the tapers in the locations that they specified to get the exact rod action that they intend each rod to have. That’s what I mean when I say they were tuned.

Ahhh.. ok. That makes sense. I’m sure they set the parameters for the rods with the company building them. It’s a good price point for a lot of budget minded anglers. Waiting for someone to post pictures, my scheels won’t put them out until pheasant season is almost done!

wgorby
    Greenville, Michigan

Has anyone had the chance to actually touch/feel these rods in person yet? Got some Cabelas’s bucks burning a hole in my pocket. If so…thoughts?

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Has anyone had the chance to actually touch/feel these rods in person yet? Got some Cabelas’s bucks burning a hole in my pocket. If so…thoughts?

Well…yes, Dan Baker posted above “I think people will really like these rods. I have had my hands on them (never fished with them) and they do feel really nice. The cork is top notch and the guides look solid.”

Dan Baker

These are currently on display at Cableas. If you are close enough to make the drive, you can get your hands on all the different models. But they are in very limited supply.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.