TUCR Bullwhip or QT?

• toursauce32
    West Fargo, ND

I am debating between the Bullwhip or QT. I am leaning towards the QT but am looking for your thoughts.

crappieguy

Go straight to the source brother, call up TUCR. Hands down awesome customer service. They’ll set you straight quicker then anyone else.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

I would call tuned up,and they will ask all the right ?’s and walk you through the whole process straight from the people that designed them.

tucrs
    NW Metro

I like that idea too )

Similar rods yet different. Feel free to give us a call.

snelson223
    Austin MN

I would get both. You can never have to many rods.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I would say it depends on what you have already. I have a Precision Noodle and this season, I picked up a Bullwhip and the wife got a QT. Personally, I can’t tell too much difference between the Bullwhip and the Precision Noodle. There is more difference in the backbone between the two, but as far as sensitivity between them in the tip, the seem very similar to me

That being said, the Bullwhip is still new to me and I’m trying to figure it our compared to the Precision Noodle. Also, for a graphite rod, the QT is really sensitive and could almost be used as a noodle rod (light bites are pretty easily seen before felt on the rod

toursauce32
    West Fargo, ND

This is wise thinking…. until the wife finds out. She already thinks I have too many rods (no such thing).

I am leaning towards both and selling one of my Thorne Bros Noodles.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

x2 I bought a QT and liked it so much I knew I would love the Bullwhip soooo I bought the first one that came up for sale.

Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

I have both the bullwhip and Quick Tip and love them both. I use my whip for tungsten stuff and used my qt for spoon stuff. I just like the qt with heavier stuff cuz it gives me a little better feel of the spoon as it did with the jig.

dairycat

X2.

I have both the bullwhip and Quick Tip and love them both. I use my whip for tungsten stuff and used my qt for spoon stuff. I just like the qt with heavier stuff cuz it gives me a little better feel of the spoon as it did with the jig.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

If you get the QT and have a sensitive hand do not cut a inch off the tip. John probably thought I was nuts when I told him my QT minus 1 was to damn sensitive. When a finky bluegill does its taste test it feel like you got hit by a Marlin.

toursauce32
    West Fargo, ND

Well I got a call today from Scheels here in Fargo and the TUCR came in. I am now the owner of both the Bullwhip and QT.

Attachments:
    1. image24.jpg

tucrs
    NW Metro

Jury is still out on that one… )

If you get the QT and have a sensitive hand do not cut a inch off the tip. John probably thought I was nuts when I told him my QT minus 1 was to damn sensitive. When a finky bluegill does its taste test it feel like you got hit by a Marlin.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Congratulations. Now go out and enjoy.

toursauce32
    West Fargo, ND

Got out this morning to try out the new rods. Wow, very impressed with both. First drop with the Bullwhip and instantly caught a crappie. Sensitivity on the QT is phenomenal. Love both rods. Great additions to my arsenal.

Attachments:
    1. image25.jpg

2. image26.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.