trolling regulations

• jeremy

So what are the regulations in mn for trolling I have heard you can use 2 lines per person but it stats in mn you can only use 1 line for open water and 2 ice fishing

smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

2 for ice, one open water across the state except some border waters may be different – check the regulations for the specific body of water.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Two in Minnesota if you drag your licensed wife with you. grin

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Two in Minnesota if you drag your licensed wife with you. grin

LOL. did that this weekend

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    Two in Minnesota if you drag your licensed wife with you.  :grin:

Not worth it!

I disagree. Dragging your wife, you can slow down your trolling speed by another .5 mph, plus the extra line doubles your odds. Just don’t get her tangled in the prop on the turns… devil

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>out_fishing wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    Two in Minnesota if you drag your licensed wife with you.  :grin:

Not worth it!

I disagree. Dragging your wife, you can slow down your trolling speed by another .5 mph, plus the extra line doubles your odds. Just don’t get her tangled in the prop on the turns… devil

LOL. Who needs drift socks?

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

…or fish in WI and use 3 lines. So, what are the stats to back that law? Sales on trolling gear have to be at least 66% less. I can’t imagine ever seeing that change here though I hate trolling anyway unless the rod is in my hand and I know it’s clearly the best or maybe only way to get bit. Either that or I already casted and cranked so much my arm is about to fall off.

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

Gregg, trolling is currently prohibited on many of Wisconsin’s waters although there is movement towards opening those waters to trolling. You can use 3 lines where it is currently allowed in WI but the regulation that will allow trolling on more waters where it is currently banned will restrict anglers to one line per person and 2 per boat.
    See: http://dnr.wi.gov/news/releases/article/?id=3221

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.