trolling motor head makes a ticking sound

• NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

Hello All

I just purchased a 2017/2018 Minn Kota Terrova with Ipilot Link. first time using it on the river this weekend. when it got above the speed of 3 on the dial there was a noticeable ticking sound coming from the control head. When I say control head it is not the motor head that goes below the water, it’s the head unit that’s at the top of the shaft. Has anyone else had this happen to them on this model trolling motor or different Minn Kota?

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Maybe you have something wrong with the board in the control head (loose wire or component). I would contact humminbird and see what they have to say. If there is a problem the head units are easy to swap out. It took me about 15 min when I upgraded to a ipilot link head.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Sound can travel funky on motors, trucks, trailers, etc. The noise very well could be coming from your motor head vibrating through to above water.

I’d check when out of water to gauge where its coming from specifically.

NateR
    St Louis Park, MN

Minn Kota mentioned it could be an armature ticking some wiring within the unit. I exchanged the motor for a different one. Hopefully this one won’t have that issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.