one hectic fall

• sootie
    arcadia wi,

this is been one bizzy fall,trapping and bow hunting,i remember it beeing alot easyer when i was in high school checking traps before school after school then hunt til dark, skin critters then hit the hay!now its work, check traps,hunt til dark skin critters,kids home work,well it keeps a man hopping to say the least!but i am glad i started trapping again it very rewarding,like today didnt expect the nice big buck mink i caught but there he was,caught him in a pocket set baited with some smelt rolled up in some grass.wasnt expecting it but after you catch one you think to your self i must be doing something rite!so far this season i got 24 coon, 4 grinners,and one skunk,i like the duke dogproof trap for coon they are very user freindly,and you cant beat the 1 1/2 coilsprings for water sets. well so far i made enuf to pay for the traps i had baught,so from here on out i can trap for free! good luck trapper people.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Like I have heard many times from my Dad “You can’t live life sitting in a chair”. I agree with the time. Seems like as a kid, days lasted forever. Always had the time to do a little more. Now its a mad scramble to just to keep up and what NOT to do today.
    You may want to add to your bucket list some sleepy creek 1-3/4CS for your pocket / water sets. They are a lot heavier (weight wise) and I have a lot less pull outs and ring-offs. Plus the springs are a lot more stout. I was a die-hard BMI 1-1/2 until I was told to try these.

Have you noticed any refusals on the DP’s? I was thinking about adding a few for where I have some issues with farmer’s dogs

jackhunter
    Eagan, MN

Sam, I am getting to that same point! By the way I had a hell of a time taking a look at those traps the other night! those traps are absolutely amazing! I will be back in the valley this weekend I might swing over and try to get you to take me out looking again!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.