Coyote pelts

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Anyone sell any coyote or red fox pelts lately? I’m getting ready to send a batch in to NAFA, and trying to get a read on the crystal ball….

jeff_hansen

just sold 2 tonight on the carcass, 10 bucks each… 58 more coyotes and my new gun is paid for

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Jeff, from what I am seeing, 10 on the round is pretty good. I have a pretty good pile of them, but the quality isn’t all that great. Half of that is mediums to large, and I also have a lot of YOY. I’m sending one batch to NAFA just see how that compares this year. The internet sale they just had didn’t look to promising

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I haven’t sold any this year and neither has my dad. I would be happy with $10 skinned! I’ve never sold them unskinned. Do they want them semi fresh? How long do you hold on to them before you bring them in?

jeff_hansen

Yeah, I didn’t think $10.00 was too bad… with the cold temps I usually take them in within 2-3 days of shooting them, but you could probably go a little longer

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I took a nasty fall in Dec and screwed up both of my arms. Bruised humorouses. Elbows ache like you wouldn’t believe. Doc said I was to remain with my arms in a sling…yea, like that would happen. I try to skin them while still warm. There is no way I could skin a half frozen coyote right now. Probably pay someone just to yake it away so I wouldn’t need to look at it. Year total so far (Oct to now) is 49 coyotes between hunting and trapping. I have 32 for selling, the remaining were clients and mangy. Its said to think about how much time invested it takes to get’m and put them up. If I average $15., that’s only $480 for the many, many hours. Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember days of $40 in the round

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.