Good run on Coon

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

With this two day stretch of unseasonably warm weather, I hit a few high percentage spots. I got 34 coon sets made, and took 13 coon and a few grinners this morning. Shot one coon with distemper walking (like a drunk) in a field. Should hit a few tonight before the temps fall back to normal.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Wow , sounds like those bandits were really on the move, Congrats

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Added 7 more to the pile today. Time to sharpen up the knife and get busy!

les_welch

How are they Randy, starting to yellow and rub yet?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

A few of them have. After the freeze on New Years’ Day, I have been done…with the exception of a few ADC coons taken out of a few barns and a house. Everything that isn’t froze in, has been pulled and ready for the late winter clean-up and storage.

From what I have been seeing, K9’s won’t be pulling too good of a price. I have a fur buyer stopping here on Saturday. He’s already cautioned me that he is only looking for the largest/best of coyotes and everything else is of no interest. We’ll see how it plays out. I have about 18 or 19 large/mediums. If $$ are too low, I’ll tan them and sell on ebay. I just don’t have the time to really go through that process right now. If I get a $12 avg or better on coon, I’ll be very happy. The NAFA internet sale didn’t show a lot of hope for increased prices, and all the muskrats were bought back…..which means a few buyers may have well over bought at $7.00 averages. I only have 121 rats left to sell, so if the price tanks, I’m not out too much.

les_welch

Good Luck, before you just dump the rats, give Otter Lake Furs a call. I sold to him earlier, rats averaged just under $9. He sells direct, so his prices are almost always better than anyone else local, and usually as good as NAFA.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.