coyote trapping

• bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Years ago I Trapped allot but concentrated on coon, mink, and red fox, I would like to trap some of the coyotes on my farm but we have over 20″ of snow. I have plowed roads around my farm so I now have a good travel corridor for them. Would anyone here suggest a good set or two for me to try?
    Thanks, Bob

brunowfo

Hi Bob
    If you need those dogs taken care of pm me. I love to hunt them and all I want is the photos most of the time. Pelts are all yours bud! Maybe one for a nice hat.

msec
    La Crosse, WI

Try trapperman.com you will find all kinds of info.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

MN resident? If so, i don’t know your regs and you’ll need to check them.

If they are running your ATV tracks or plowed roads, Cable restraints are awesome. Post sets work great along the inside edge of an outside turn in the road.

When the snow gets deep here, I find them walking in my foot tracks. I set a trap in one of my footprints with the pan located in the heel of my foot.

I like to place a small log or rock (big visual item) along the side of the plowed road and make a couple of dirt hole sets in the snow.

The 2 pics I added are made along plowed roads in my field. I raked up some of the grass and scratched them out to look like there is a lot of rabbit activity.

Forgot to mention, I like to make sets on the east side of the road when I can. It gets the last sun to warm whatever lure material I have there and create a stronger scent. Its a theory, but it works for me.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Bob,
    I should have mentioned also…if they are running your plowed road, make a pee set for them. Cut a small branch with a few tiny limbs and stick it in the snow bank to it extends out over the plowed path. Duplicate this

IDO PEE SET

Run it for about a week with nothing on it. If no results, or they are blowing past it, get a bottle of coyote pee, and give it a few squirts. The Alpha will be all over it to re-mark their territory! Get’m

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.