A few more cool things from the shed

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’m still going through my uncle’s trapping equipment…in addition to the traps for sale. Here are some of his wooden stretchers. I’ll get a few close up shot on here later. I’m into trapping history an have a deep appreciation for the means the early guys paved the way with. Some of these boards are carved from barn boards, shipping crates, old signs,…and what ever else was available. The split boards have square nails pegging the tops together.

Then to see the hundreds of tack holes in these only sheds a little light to how many pelts have been on these. What an amazing piece of history to look at. (I realize these pics do not do the justice that they deserve)

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

That’s some cool stuff Randy. I don’t trap but find the techniques you post interesting and hold an appreciation for both the role that trapping has played in American history and the work that you guys put into your sport. I can only imagine how cool this stuff is to you. Thanks for sharing.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Very well said flatlandfowler! Thanks Randy for your insightful contributions to the trapping forum.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.