Too Late to Mow?

• blackbay
    mn

So the snow is finally leaving my yard and the grass is still nice and green. For the yard experts out there, is it still safe to mow one last time? My plan before the snow, was to mow one more time and mulch whatever leaves I have. The weather is looking like it’s going to warm up through the next week and I’m thinking the grass really hasn’t gone dormant yet.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I was thinking the same thing! I’m gonna wait until next week when it warms up.

Ripjiggen

Yes it’s fine to mow still.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’m far from a lawn expert but I don’t see no harm in it. Be easier to do lawn work in the spring and those mulched up leaves are good for the lawn overall.

Heck I was mowing/ mulching when it snowed last week.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m glad the snow will be gone because I have about a bajillion leaves to clean up. I’ll likely mow again, too.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Try to get to your winter cut height before the next snow fall, you never know when the next fall will be there till Spring and you want to void a lot of matted grass.

Walleyeguy34

I’d mow now before more snow comes. Grass won’t grow much with the warming weather because it has already started to go dormant. You want the grass to be cut low before snow covers it. This helps with snow mold and fungus issues.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Mowed yesterday mostly to mulch leaves. Still have a ton of leaves up in the trees around house and wish they would come down so could clean up before next snow.

Rod Bent

Grass keeps growing at about 35 degrees and up. I mow as long as it’s growing. I like to have it pretty short for winter so it doesn’t lay down and get snow mold.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Do not now if there is frost on the lawn.

buck-slayer

Mowing the grass late October? You need to find some hobby’s

munchy
    NULL

Do not now if there is frost on the lawn.

X2
    Was just about to say the same thing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.