Today's show

• bullcans
    Northfield MN

James,
    I probably missed this answer earlier in a post or show, but why do you guys use such long rods?
    At least it looks like it watching the show today.
    Anything for me over 36″-37″ seems so long.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Leverage, comfort, control. Not necessarily in that order.

curleytail

I always think the rods look so long when they film in the hub. I’m guessing part of the reason they look extra long is using a wide angle lense to fit both James and guest in the same frame.

Wide angle lense will probably make the ice rods that point towards the camera look longer than they are.

Just my guess.

Tucker

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Leverage, comfort, control. Not necessarily in that order.

X2. Most of my rods are 36 to 41″. No hunch back fishing for me

Tedd Johnson

Was a great show and with the brutal conditions just top notch! I was out and we managed only 1 eye but stayed comfortably in the otter flip over. Wish i would have thought about the ‘ol jig an minnow! What size jigs were those James?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Little Werm loves the show, but you lost him on the Spot on the Spot breakdown this week. No attention span from kids these days! rotflol

Attachments:
    1. D095A21A-79A9-4D91-B0F9-2E5B572EB2E9.jpeg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Wish i would have thought about the ‘ol jig an minnow! What size jigs were those James?

1/8th oz VMC Hammerhead Jigs. PJ gets all the credit for switching things up and going to the jigs. I was slow to make the switch and he put the beat down on me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.