Tire recommendations for 2003 silverado ext cab 4×4 265 75 r16

• hamms
    Mn

What have you had good luck with? I want a quiet tire on the highway and good on snow and ice. Thinking of cooper discoverer guy at discount tire was trying to talk me into the Yokohama at/s . Said they are a softer rubber so in cold temps it stays soft and grips road better. They are 40k mi tire. the coopers are 55k. Same price. Any other suggestions ? both these are 145 a tire.

PmB

I have bridgestone dueller at’s w no complaints. 50k miles on them and maybe a little under half tread left.

dairycat

I have a 2003 Chevy Suburban with Cooper Discover AT3. They have been great, pulling a camper, going through DEEP snow, ice, rain, you name it. 20000 miles showing little sign of wear. Will get them again. Farm and Fleet Chippewa Falls.

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

For snow and ice cooper discoverer m+s is a great tire. I would go with 235/85r16 over the 265/75 same hight but narrower for better traction in the snow.

I had a set of Yokohama geolander a/t s I was happy with them for the ride and traction though I didnt have the Blazer long enough to see how many miles they can take.

dbright
    Cambridge

I have the same year GMC and have had great luck with Nitto Terra Grapplers. Both sets have went at least 80k. They were around $180 a tire when I bought my last set.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I put a set of Hankook Dynapro ATMs on my Sequoia last fall, and I’ve been very happy with them. They’re quieter than I was expecting for a fairly aggressive tread pattern.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

I have run the Geolanders and they are a good tire for the money imo. I just popped on 4 BF Goodrich A/T KO2’s, they seem to be the real deal. I have had really good luck with BFG’s.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I have been very impressed with my Michellin LTX tires on my Tahoe. Great quiet ride and great grip in rain and snow the past 2 seasons.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Just replaced my original bridgestone dueler tires last month. 72,000 miles on the first set so I went back with the same thing. Not the cheapest option out there but I’ve not had any traction issues and hard to argue with 72,000 to a set.

oldbear
    State Center, Iowa

I had Hankook MT on my truck and they sure had traction but did they howl going down the road. Now have Cooper Discover at/3 on the pickup and the explorer and are quiet with good traction & mileage.

hnd

i found brand new bridgestone duellers on factory Chevy Rims with 20 miles on them on CL for 700 bucks. 10k miles in they are really nice.

my hankooks before slipped the belts way too early.

sjhauge
    Elgin, MN

I ran the factory bridgestone dueller at’s to almost 80 K & replaced them with bridgestone dueller ht’s & got over 80 K out of them with no complaints at all.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Tires are a compromise like you said. Ideally I wish I had two sets. One for winter and one for summer. I have 9 months on a set of Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s and they are holding up well but dont look very good on the truck.

CBMN
    North Metro

I also have some Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s but that I only have abotu 3 months on. So far so good, but not enough time for a good opinion. I made my purchase at NTB as they had a buy 3 get 1 sale this spring, and they have the same sale now, and i belive your size is included… Doesn’t look like they have a milage warranty rating on your size though. Just throwing out an idea.

Details from NTB:
    Buy 3, Get 1 after MIR

Black Friday savings are on! Now through November 17, buy three select in-stock tires and get one free after mail-in rebate when you get them installed. Plus, get an additional $60 on a Visa Prepaid Card after mail-in rebate when you use your Tire Kingdom®, Merchant’s Tire® and NTB® Credit Card on qualifying purchase.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Michellin LTX waytogo
    Hard to pay out the extra$$$ up front on them, but well worth it. I drive 40+K miles a year on my truck. I thought I’ld try the cheap route and bought Coopers. Oscar Meyers would be happy with my investment in their Bologna Skins. flame

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Michellin LTX  :waytogo:
    Hard to pay out the extra$$$ up front on them, but well worth it. I drive 40+K miles a year on my truck. I thought I’ld try the cheap route and bought Coopers. Oscar Meyers would be happy with my investment in their Bologna Skins.  :flame:

If you have the $$$ the Michellin LTX are a great tire, if on a budget like me I have the Cooper AT3 on my ram 275 65 20s I believe and so far holding up really well. Farm and Fleet in Lake Hallie buy 3 get one free plus a $50 rebate when I bought them.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

I have had 2 sets of firestone transforce. 1 set of the AT’s and 1 set of the HT’s. Both are very good tires, the HT’s are more quite than the AT’s. I am still running the HT’s and have about 60,000 on them and it looks like I will get another 10,000 out of them.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I run Toyo Open Country and really like the tread depth for a quiet tire. That said, I’ve heard nothing but great things about the Cooper tires.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I run Toyo Open Country and really like the tread depth for a quiet tire. That said, I’ve heard nothing but great things about the Cooper tires.

My buddy has a shop and recommended Coopers. My work van has had them for almost a year now and have best traction I’ve ever gotten, as well as the FW minivan got them couple months ago and again handle wonderfully.

Whether they last is another question only time will tell.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

cooper discoverer

I’m really surprised at the amount of recommendations on the Cooper’s. I am VERY disappointed in mine. I have mine on a truck – not a street rod – and do a well mix of different terrains. (Freeway, county highways, gravel roads, dirt, construction sites, snow, ice rain)…. I’m at almost 40K miles and they are almost like slicks for the dragster. The first 15K wasn’t bad, then they lost tread incredibly fast. For myself, never again will I buy these. We put a set on my dad’s truck as well. At 35K miles, we pulled them off and replaced them. I couldn’t believe how easy I would hydroplane in his ’04 duramax at under 40 mph. Considering his truck is the typical “Grandpa sunday drive vehicle”, I thought the fast wear was BS. When we addressed the excessive wear with the dealer, I felt like we were being laughed at. “Well, truck tires in farm country don’t last long”…. That was a line of crap. flame

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

My Cooper HT s are better than 1/2 tread and are scary on wet pavement. They look to good to throw away but wondering about saftey.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Hankook dynapro ATM. I am on my second set. The first set went 72,000 when I got a punctured sidewall on one so I replaced all 4, but didn’t need to. They wear great, good year round traction and good price.

gonehunting

Very happy with Hancook DynaPro ATs. Both quality and price.

RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

I have Cooper AT3 on my F150. They are pushing 50K and are still in great shape. Overall performance has been great compared to the crap Good Years that come on the truck. 25K and they were done and you would get stuff on flat ground. Loved my BF Goodrich AT KO’s for traction but they did not last for crap either.

Ryan Hughes

I have been running the Toyo open country A/T’s in all of my vehicles for quite a while now and have nothing but good things to say about them. I have run them on my old chevy colorado, my 06 silverado, and I am currently running them on my 14 silverado as well as my wife’s jeep. Good all around tire with good traction and quiet for going down the highway.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.