Time to fish again!

• Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

You know, I was thinking that it was time to go fishing again. After all, it had been three days since my trip to Red Wing, where I got skunked. Today was different. We had tip-ups out, hoping to find a hungry northern or bass. ( the area we fished holds tons of these creatures, some pretty massive! Then, I started feeding wax worms to the hungrier panfish beneath us. My first two drops produced two fat crappies. I thought, “We will be done by 10 this morning!” You never say things like that…..you don’t even think like that, if you don’t want to be cursed! I then caught two 9″ sunfish that were almost as fat as they were long. The crappies kept coming, but quite a bit slower than I had bragged. In between the crappies, I managed to find three largemouth between 12″-14″ and a 4″ perch. The tip-ups produced only one 15″ bass, despite our efforts and our moving them to 10 or 12 different holes at depths varying from 9′ to 13′ depths. We (being almost experts) concluded that the overcast skies kept the northerns from being as aggressive as they should be. I caught my panfish & bass on a gold Slender Spoon tipped with wax worms, a pink Toady with either waxies or crappie minnows varying from right on the bottom up to about six feet off the bottom. Some of them followed my action for 4′–5′, which impressed me! Now, I have to get back out, to see if I still got it! …..but first, I think I will enjoy my Goodhue Wildcats playing basketball in a few minutes! Good fishing, IDOers!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.