tiller assist

• mike carroll

If anyone with a tiller with no hydraulic power steering, you need to get this. John at tiller assist is a great person with an exceptional product. Easy to install and a very well built quality System. Can’t wait to take the boat out tomorrow and see how she does.

Attachments:
    1. 20201010_122424.jpg

2. 20201010_123828.jpg

DRH1175

Did you get out and try it before freeze up? I saw it on Youtube and am very interested…

mike carroll

yes I did, very happy with it, no fighting torque or wakes. just step on switch and it locks it right up.

Born

I have a 90 hp motor on a tiller warrior boat. I was able to adjust the trim tab on my motor to fix the pull to direction. When the trim is set properly the steering is very light. IMO it’s all about proper setting on the trim.

I’m sure the power steering is convenient though.

pass0047
    Pool4

I installed this on my 618 tiller and like it alot. I agree don’t need it most of time until going long distance quartering waves.

Got mine used and happy after year of use.

mike carroll

roger, I have my trim tab pretty much dialed in also, your warrior is probably alot heavier than my lund , so you probably handle waves and wakes alot better, pretty much the only time I use the assist is when water is real rough or crossing wakes. I don’t use it when getting on plane because my boat jumps right out of the hole and gets on plane super fast.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.