Thunderbird

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Visited the Thunderbird Lodge for the first time today. I don’t know what I was expecting but it was very, very nice in there. The view of the lake with the fresh snow is unbelievable. applause

In talking with the owner there is a very good chance thats where the boat gets tied up this summer. Easy access to the Brule, Black Bay and all the places I like to fish.

Grain Belt Premium was cold and the best thing is not a Hamms in sight. wink

Hopefully I get to meet a few of you up here this summer.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

If you made any official announcement previously Dutchboy, evidently I missed it.

Are you now a year round resident of I-Falls?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

If you made any official announcement previously Dutchboy, evidently I missed it.

Yes I am. Followed your lead, retired, divorced, moved. waytogo

I never made any kind of announcement, I don’t think anybody cares. jester

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Congrats on all 3! toast

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks……all going good so far. Little bit bored though. grin

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Good to hear things are going well up there DB.A few beers and a coupla bucks and you can find a friend to help with the boredom.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Congrats Dutchy. Rainy Lake is a fishermans dream come true.

Ripjiggen

Love the Thunderbird. Great place to slip your boat. Be careful if you stop at Sha Sha in the summer gets a little rowdy in a good way.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sha Sha also has very nice scenery, I agree. waytogo

Ripjiggen

The scenery can be really nice in the warm summer months. shock

Deuces

Congrats Dutch! toast

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Great safe harbor at Thunderbird and no problem with items disappearing. New owners are great and working very hard to improve a already great facility. Great food and awesome deck. Fishing is good and can be great.
    Enjoy the change, good luck.

Wayne

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walleyestudent Andy Cox wrote:</div>

Yes I am. Followed your lead, retired, divorced, moved. waytogo

I never made any kind of announcement, I don’t think anybody cares. jester

That’s a lot of lifestyle change in short order.

Been years since I’ve been to I-Falls and even then it was just driving through on the way and back from Canada.

You gotta Dollar General up there? smirk

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Two of them Dollar Stores Andy!! No Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target type stores but we somehow manage to get along.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Great safe harbor at Thunderbird and no problem with items disappearing. New owners are great and working very hard to improve a already great facility. Great food and awesome deck. Fishing is good and can be great.

Wayne

You were the first guy I thought about when pulling down the driveway. You always mention Thunderbird in your reports.
    Maybe we can get together for a burger and a beer if you come up this year.

robby
    Quad Cities

LOL. I thought you were talking about the ripple we drank in high school. lol.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I concur, great place to stay. I am up there for 4 days every october, hopefully for a week this year in August as well (assuming the border doesnt open, Rainy is Plan B again for the summer trip like last summer)

Tucker02
    Mn

Thunderbird is my favorite place to stay up there. Sha sha is a great place to have a good meal, you can watch the boats fishing black bay right there. Pretty nice slice of heaven up there. Had one of my best days ever fishing out on Olsen’s reef. The kid and I were busy!!!🎣

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Wayne Daul wrote:</div>

Wayne

You were the first guy I thought about when pulling down the driveway. You always mention Thunderbird in your reports.
    Maybe we can get together for a burger and a beer if you come up this year.

I will be arriving May 31 for a few days and back again July 5thfor 3 or 4 days. Would love to share a cold one.

Wayne

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.