The weed sprayers strike again!

• slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

As expected right when the bite got hot the lake got sprayed, but there was an extra curve ball this year. Someone from the lake association put up a cardboard sign saying the access (where the spraying occurred) was closed til Sunday and put a orange snowmobile fence across the ramp while there were boats already launched! People were running the fence over to take their boats out. Was questioning how this would be allowed and would need to be a dnr thing. Shortly after the dnr officer was there and removed the signage. I can understand they’d like to keep the chemicals from getting dispersed by boat traffic, but really? So if you ever want to slow down the pressure on a lake with a hot bite I guess putting up some signs will get you some alone time on the lake for a little bit.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

So if you ever want to slow down the pressure on a lake with a hot bite I guess putting up some signs will get you some alone time on the lake for a little bit.

So the “new” launch procedure will include putting caution tape up across the landing, just prior to pulling away from the dock?

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

I guess. Wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see it myself.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Nick, was that Spec or Green?

iowa_josh

If there is a law against harassing people hunting and fishing, that is what that is.

Beast

Sounds like he lake association overstepping their bounds, One of the reasons I hate L.A.’s They think the lake should only belong to the people with cabins on it, and to hell with the rest of the sportsmen. Like anything they start out with good intentions, but they always seem to over reach what they intended to do to start with.

blackbay
    mn

The lake association has no right to close the access for any reason. The chemicals sink down pretty quick and are soaked up by the plants, so there’s no dispersion from where they spray. My guess is they knew about the hot bite and with the holiday didn’t want more traffic.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.