The Perfect Ending to a Great Weekend

• Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

This past weekend was my son Hunter’s 4th birthday and my dad was able to join us at my in-laws cabin. It was our first time for the 3 of us to be together in a boat. No matter whether we caught fish or not that would make it a great weekend… And then on Sunday afternoon the moment that I have been imagining since hunter was born happened!

My goal every time someone new comes up to the cabin is to be able to help them catch a big fish. After multiple unsuccessful trips for pike/muskies we decided to take one last trip on the pontoon. We finally had a good hit but it was gone before we even could get the rod out of the holder so as we headed back to the dock I was already telling my dad that since he wasn’t able to catch a muskie that he’ll just have to come back again, but it wasn’t over yet. With less than 100 yds to the dock and trolling at 5 mph I started reeling in lines. I had cleared one line and just as I started reeling in the 2nd, the last rod doubled over like we had hooked a log… Fish on! My dad grabbed the pole while Hunter and I manned the net. A few tense moments later we had successfully landed our 1st big fish as a team consisting of 3 generations of Rosebergs!

The best part was that we were now only about 10′ feet out from the dock so we quickly pulled in and my wife was able take a photo to capture the moment with all 3 of us in the picture. It couldn’t have been a more perfect ending to the weekend!

Will

PS – The few blood spots on the dock are actually mine as I always unhook fish while keeping them in the net/water which is safer for the fish than the fisherman and she got a bit of revenge for the sore mouth by trying to take a bite out of my finger.

Attachments:
    1. 3-Generations-of-Fisherman.jpg

big_g
    Isle, MN

Nice job Will !!!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Hunter is like “that’s close enough to the business end pops”! Congrats

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

That’s a special moment and picture. Neither my wife or myself have our fathers so don’t underestimate how special that really is.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Very cool. What a great memory.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

very special!!!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Wow. That is a great ending to a day of fishing1 Congrats on all counts.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Congrats! Awesome day for sure!

-J.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Love it toast
    I’ve always said you have 0% chance of catching a fish if your line isn’t in the water.

Mike Petersen

Beautiful story…your son is hooked and your dad is so proud too! Well done

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

That is a great memory to have Will. The pic with smiles tells the whole story. waytogo waytogo

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

That’s awesome Will!!! Nice Job & what a Great photo!! toast

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Cool, your picture is a wall hanger for sure.

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

Great memories captured: one on a fishing pole and the other in a picture. SWEET!

404 ERROR
    MN

Great picture! Love the look on your sons face. It’s the “I wanna smile for this picture, but dad put me within striking distance of the thing that swiss cheesed his hand!”

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That’s awesome Will, you guys have a special place up there and Hunter is a lucky kid! Grandpa looks proud!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.