"The Musky Project" Video

• ryan-mcmahon
    Twin Cities, MN

Here is a link to the first video titled “The Obsession” from our online series “The Musky Project”. We had a lot of fun filming this last season with the goal of trying to get into the head’s of people that are infected with the musky bug.

I hope you enjoy…

Tim Reszler
    Kenosha

Awesome video. I have my first musky trip planned for middle of July in northern MN. Looking forward to spending a full day chasing these big fish.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I can barely understand the narration — the audio is bad for some reason (the music is good but the narration is bad). Also, Vimeo chokes up all the time so I could only play it a few seconds at a time before it would pause to catch up. I got through a minute before I ran out of patience. The video quality looks pretty good, though! Maybe the audio and start/stop issues are on my end?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Great video Ryan!

JoeMX1825
    MN

cool custom standing platform on the MX1825…

ryan-mcmahon
    Twin Cities, MN

Thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments.

Yeah, that is a custom built Just Encase box that extends the front deck and makes it more comfortable for 2 guys casting with big equipment. Don’t quote me but I believe the box is 44″ x 25″ and is bullet proof!

John, the video is very high resolution HD so it actually does the same thing on my computer. However my iPhone seems to play it just fine (go figure). The audio is something we need to work on (that was a learning lesson) but should be understandable. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you see it better.

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Excellent video. Great footage, and I think you did a very good job of summarizing the muskie addiction. I hope you do find that “Super Fish” some day, but I really doubt that it will cure your addiction. It would likely just make you want to do it again, and that’s not a bad thing. Great job.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I just tried it on my phone — what do you know, it plays without a catch. Plus, I am understand the narration better in my phone than my laptop. Go figure. Nice video!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Very nice video.
    Well done!

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Great video. I can feel the emotion in your words and on your face. There are enough stoic, chest thumping muskie guys out there. I like your style sir.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

There are enough stoic, chest thumping muskie guys out there. I like your style sir.

Amen to that!

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

nice video. the production values really show how much effort was put into it. the use of a camera-man with a quality camera makes such a clear difference compared to the consumer sports cameras. and the editing shows a keen eye for quick pacing of fish and lure shots both above and below the water, i really liked that.

one small bit of constructive feedback: ratchet down the muskie fisherman-as-philosopher stuff a bit. i kept waiting for Al Franken to appear behind you during the interview segments for some Deep Thoughts.

keep up the good work…

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

very nicely done! Dang now I am going to have to go and try to catch a muskie this summer. It looks like fun.

Breezy

I personally liked the “fisherman-as-philosopher” narrative. I can see how it could be annoying, but as someone who knows how hard it is to explain a silly passion like fishing, I think this video nailed it. Shows the excitement and heart breaks. (Even though my main babe is the walleye, I have been slowly becoming properly equipped to chase some Muskys.)Really got me pumped for open water. Enjoyed it!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.