The Holiday…..

• Jimmy Jones

I’m sitting in the shop waiting on some clear coat to dry on a few buzzbaits and when I look out the window t looks nothing like December. Green grass yet, leaves from fall yet, 43 degrees…. nothing even remotely looks like Christmas, but I love it.

So, inspite of the November look, here’s hoping all of ya’ll have a great Christmas. Stay safe in your travels and adventures and remember the reason for the season. Merry Christmas people!

CaptainMusky

Here’s to you and your’s too Jimmy! It seems odd without the snow, but I am sure we will get hammered before too long. Going to the warmth of Texas tomorrow I just hope this fog clears man is it foggy!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Merry Christmas, Tom! Um I mean Jimmy grin

nothing even remotely looks like Christmas, but I love it.

I’m with you there. Older I get, the more I like these mild weather winters. And today, the days start getting longer. Summer is coming!

-J.

CaptainMusky

Are you going to go piggin?

Yessir! For possibly 4 days at their ranch! SHould be a blast. Dont know what the heck I will do if we get anything though!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I work outdoors year round and can say I love this for working weather but hunting and ice fishing wise not so much.
    Last night I was telling the lady friend that all our houses look so dumb all decorated with Christmas lights and 0 snow. Makes the entire neighborhood look funny. But I love it.
    Merry Christmas season.

Jimmy Jones

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jimmy Jones wrote:</div>

Yessir! For possibly 4 days at their ranch! SHould be a blast. Dont know what the heck I will do if we get anything though!

Same as you’d do with a domestic hog. Great eating.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ll be heading here X-Mas day.

Attachments:
    1. Turks-anc-Caicos.jpg

CaptainMusky

Same as you’d do with a domestic hog. Great eating.

OK will do. Have plenty of room so I will bring the roto cooler to pack em out!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Merry Christmas everyone! I would like a little cold weather to freeze up the lakes better, but otherwise it is nice not freezing are buts off.

Good luck Capt!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Oh and EPG quit rubbing it in you jerk! jester

Alex Fox

54 degrees here on Christmas Eve, we won’t be too far behind the palm trees.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Oh and EPG quit rubbing it in you jerk! jester

rotflol rotflol thats funny!!!!

yep happy holidays to all!!!!!!!

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I work outdoors year round and can say I love this for working weather but hunting and ice fishing wise not so much.
    Last night I was telling the lady friend that all our houses look so dumb all decorated with Christmas lights and 0 snow. Makes the entire neighborhood look funny. But I love it.
    Merry Christmas season.

This x2! I’m enjoying the nice work conditions outside!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    EP Merry X-mas to you also.Drink the water while your down there and make it memorable.

pass0047
    Pool4

Merry Christmas.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all. We’re leaving for the Texas Gulf Coast on the 28th; forecast for traveling looks good. I’ll be fishing on the beach until the end of March. )

Dan
    Southeast MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jimmy Jones wrote:</div>

When you get time please post about your trip. Methods, optics, weaponry, etc. Would love to hear about the whole process

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

This is one winter it doesn’t make any sense to head south.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

As a sider by trade I’m really enjoying this mild weather here in se mn and the fruits of overtime these last few weeks no ice fishing yet but plenty of winter ahead for that bs . On a side note I really miss having Tom’s wealth of information on here hope all
    Is well for him
    And wish all the good
    Folks of IDO a blessed holiday this year

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

As a sider by trade I’m really enjoying this mild weather here in se mn and the fruits of overtime these last few weeks no <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>ice fishing yet but plenty of winter ahead for that bs . On a side note I really miss having Tom’s wealth of information on here hope all
    Is well for him
    And wish all the good
    Folks of IDO a blessed holiday this year

Tom ? The crappie man ? If so he is closer then one thinks.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.
    Last year was a lot of snow but being retired makes it easier to deal with. This year is money. I’ve been clearing out some dead/dying green ash trees and the way-extended fall is awesome. (The Milwaukee M18 chainsaw is very nice if you have a few more batteries.) I did have to push out my trip to LOW with my daughter, though. It seems with the late winters we regularly have a late, short spring and then jump to the 80s by opener.

B-man

For anyone driving today, leave early, take your time and be careful!

We have a 250 mile round trip to make in the fog today, and I’m not looking forward to it

queenswake
    NULL

While I wouldn’t want this weather every Christmas, man has it been nice to continue fall yardwork, work on other outdoor projects, putz around the garage, do all of the holiday smoking and grilling. Totally enjoying the break this year.

The worst part is not being able to get out ice fishing over holiday break, but I will take it. Just being able to comfortably exist outside is so nice.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

The fog is brutal and the stupid people that think there auto headlights are on are idiots

CaptainMusky

For anyone driving today, leave early, take your time and be careful!

We have a 250 mile round trip to make in the fog today, and I’m not looking forward to it

We are starting our roadtrip at noon. I read the fog advisory is supposed to end at 11, but they said that yesterday too and it got worse all day. Not looking forward to the drive.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

The fog is brutal and the stupid people that think there auto headlights are on are idiots

2nd that!!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

blush

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1703358916943.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.