The Fish’n Canada Show

• stout93
    Becker MN

“The Fish’n Canada Show”…So watching this show..thing I’m seeing is whatever fish they catch, they toss it back into the lake from a standing position from a Bass boat. I didn’t see one time where they reached down and gently placed the released fish back into the water. This was walleye, bass, big perch..Big walleyes were hittin the water pretty hard…

Thoughts?

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

Sometimes dropping them in can give them a quick jolt to take off right away, versus setting them in gingerly and holding the tail and moving back and forth to revive them.

AK Guy

Thoughts? Disrespectful. Treat your catch with care.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thoughts? Disrespectful. Treat your catch with care.

I tend to lean this way as well. I taught my kids very early we don’t just throw the fish back in. Handle them with care and respect.

Onthewater

When a fish flops off the hook and slams to floor of the boat they are perfectly fine to swim away after. I’m petty sure tossing them back in the water from a height of 3 feet isn’t going to hurt them either. Really warm water periods you might need to spend more time releasing but I’m guessing that isn’t the case for fishing the majority of the time in Canada.

Cody Meyers

My take on this is that it’s more about being respectful than a fish care thing. If you e ever seen fish cannons at a dam or the high altitude lakes that they stock with planes…those fish aren’t being set in the water.

But if you are going to have a tv show I think you should set a good example.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.