The Fall of Minneapolis movie

• Deuces

Hate to burst your fellas bubbles but the dictionary already has a definition for woke in there.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Remember I’m replying to gishthumper who opened it up and blamed one side for being a problem.

OK crappie. I will bite. Where did I say one side was the problem? My statement said that the so called Woke society minds are set on various issues, and there is no amount of evidence that can be showed that will change their minds. If you read thru many of my past reply’s and post, I have said they is plenty of problems to go around on both sides of the political parties.

buschman
    Pool 2

Here is an example of Woke. I agree the with lack of critical thinking…

Chauvin was sentenced to prison in June of 2021.
    Fall of Minneapolis was released 11/16/2023
    Chauvin was stabbed 22 times in prison 8 days later… Hmmm..

Woke “he deserved it”
    Non-Woke “how did this happen and why”

big_g
    Isle, MN

I wouldn’t attempt to define what woke is, but I know it when I see it.

A woke person, cannot accept facts, over their feelings, especially if it involves race in any way. Take for example Jussie Smollette… the fact that he is not in prison, for staging a hate crime against himself, not only wasting resources, but putting others in danger, by making things up like “This is MAGA country”… is an example of the power of the woke people, facts do not matter.

Same with the Native American drummer, who got in the face of the white kid, banging his drum and the narrative on the news and online was totally backwards… but who suffered in that, the kid, in fact he was awarded a sum of money for his damages. The woke just went.. oh well, move on.

The woke crowd needs these kinds of things to happen, so they can feel bad for other races, rather than accept they are equal, they have to tell them they are not in this society… and I am here to help you !!! Even if it means making stuff up and when your caught, just pretend you don’t care about it. coffee

CaptainMusky

BigG there is another example just from this last week. That KC Chiefs fan that Deadspin labeled him has “blackface” because he was in a Chiefs jersey a headress and had red and black paint on his face. The parents are going to sue Deadspin into oblivion for that.

CaptainMusky

Hate to burst your fellas bubbles but the dictionary already has a definition for woke in there.

That is what I find funny about this whole back and forth.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Yes they do… now decipher it !

woke
    1 of 2
    adjective
    ˈwōk
    woker; wokest
    Synonyms of woke
    chiefly US slang
    a
    : aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)
    But we will only succeed if we reject the growing pressure to retreat into cynicism and hopelessness. … We have a moral obligation to “stay woke,” take a stand and be active; challenging injustices and racism in our communities and fighting hatred and discrimination wherever it rises.
    —Barbara Lee
    … argued that … Brad Pitt is not only woke, but the wokest man in Hollywood … because he uses his status—and his production company Plan B—to create space for artists of color, with such films as 12 Years a Slave, Selma, and the upcoming film Moonlight.
    —Giselle Defares
    Being woke to gender discrimination is difficult; it ruins things you love. Entire canons of art are rotten to the core with it.
    —Rachel Edelstein
    —often used in contexts that suggest someone’s expressed beliefs about such matters are not backed with genuine concern or action
    There is never really a moment where a person of color doesn’t have to deal with discrimination, whether it be veiled and passive or as blunt as possible. So, woke white people, why can’t you step in?
    —Lauren Sanchez
    Enter the age of the performatively woke brand. Politics has become a kind of fashion accessory for corporate America these days, a way to profit from protest.
    —Jon Gingerich
    “Fake woke” behavior arises. We put the hashtags on our social media. #Sayhername, #icantbreathe, #blacklivesmatter. And repeat. The problem is that the level of concern we express online doesn’t match the everyday behavior we exhibit.
    —Surayya Walters
    b
    : reflecting the attitudes of woke people
    woke values/language
    In our newly woke times, there has been increased scrutiny of old films dealing with sensitive subjects.
    —Hannah Jane Parkinson
    He wants to make The Wombles more “woke” so the characters are gender-fluid or of different races.
    —Liz Perkins
    disapproving : politically liberal or progressive (as in matters of racial and social justice) especially in a way that is considered unreasonable or extreme
    The national conservatives view today’s liberals as woke cultural warriors who pose an existential threat to the nation and its traditions.
    —Shadi Hamid
    He’s built a social media brand on the right railing against “woke liberals” and supporting former President Donald Trump.
    —Marissa Martinez
    The military is struggling to find new recruits to fill its ranks. … While the official reasons given by the military—including fewer face-to-face recruitments during the pandemic, and fewer young people who meet the physical standards required—likely play a role, some say it’s because the military is too “woke,” turning off its normal constituency of young, conservative recruits.
    —Suzanne Bates
    If there is any hope, it’s that voters are rejecting woke green goals. Already this has occurred in Sweden and Italy, where voters threw out left-wing governments …
    —Michael Shellenberger
    ‘Woke capitalism’ tends to be a term that critics use to refer to … portfolios that are built around environmental, social and governance issues like climate change or diversity.
    —Victor Reklaitis
    woke

2 of 2
    past tense and past participle of WAKE

Umy
    South Metro

THese Woke individuals – their pronouns would be “was” and “were” in any of these countries they support and in any country other than ours……………

Deuces

Alot easier to decipher on the dictionary page itself.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke

It’s all there including the disapproving usage as seen here over and over.

Folks who argue about its definition are simply arguing the validity of those racial and social justice issues woke folks champion for. And honestly good for you, great to live in a country where we have legal rights to have those discussions/arguements!

I’ll tell ya what tho, as a dad to 3 kids, 2 of which are teens, gone to dozens of protests, friends come over and have candid conversations here and there, with all of us living in the big city, with much out and about at restaurants, coffee bars, clubs, gatherings w other city folks, etc, you know how much woke is brought up? How often people refer others as, or use in conversation, hardly any. IMHO it’s a conservative talking point that has much to do about nothing, much like liberals do w issues about righties.

So afaic, yall can continue to get butthurt over the woke crowd, but goodluck w that bc I’m not exactly sure who that is in actual reality. If you have a personal story on being called out as non woke id love to hear it. Could care less about a tiktok u saw, or whatever junk video u saw on fox News, or some junk reels off your FB page, real life woke stories.

jimmysiewert

Simple question Deuces and I would expect a simple answer: “After watching the documentary called out on this post, do you feel there is now more to the story depicted originally by the leaders of Minneapolis and Minnesota and the Media of the Floyd event.Do you feel the general population was lied to, led astray and deceived. Do you have continued confidence in the leadership of Minneapolis and Minnesota – and if you don’t, are you going to take the necessary individual steps (by voting) against them”?

OG Net_Man

As I stated before, I did not follow the trial closely so… I have a hard time believing that the material from this movie was not presented during the trial. I can not imagine that the defense attorney did not attempt this. If he did and it was denied by the judge then it looks like we would have a pretty crooked judge to deny it. And if the judge was crooked then where is the retrial?

Who/what will be our next sacrificial lamb?

jimmysiewert

Personally for me it comes down to “enough is enough”. Corruption & agendas at all levels and all parties are so prevalent it is time for a reboot in this country. We still vote so why wouldn’t each and everyone of us vote against these fools that we ALLOW to lead us. Vote with your conscience, not your party you have sworn allegiance too. Vote against every single person out there that currently holds office. I am! The risk is better than the current state!!

jimmysiewert

Personally for me it comes down to “enough is enough”. Corruption & agendas at all levels and all parties are so prevalent it is time for a reboot in this country. We still vote so why wouldn’t each and everyone of us vote against these fools that we ALLOW to lead us. Vote with your conscience, not your party you have sworn allegiance too. Vote against every single person out there that currently holds office. I am! The risk is better than the current state!!

Deuces

Simple question

Lol, then you ask 5 and write a short novel.

My guy was voted out, mission accomplished. waytogo

jimmysiewert

See – you can’t. All talk – no solutions.

Maybe you should change your handle from Deuce to Uno if more than one “yes / no “ questions is too complicated.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Typical woke response… deflect, don’t respond… never admit you have been duped by the left.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ll tell ya what tho, as a dad to 3 kids, 2 of which are teens, gone to dozens of protests, friends come over and have candid conversations here and there, with all of us living in the big city, with much out and about at restaurants, coffee bars, clubs, gatherings w other city folks, etc, you know how much woke is brought up? How often people refer others as, or use in conversation, hardly any. IMHO it’s a conservative talking point that has much to do about nothing, much like liberals do w issues about righties.

So afaic, yall can continue to get butthurt over the woke crowd, but goodluck w that bc I’m not exactly sure who that is in actual reality. If you have a personal story on being called out as non woke id love to hear it. Could care less about a tiktok u saw, or whatever junk video u saw on fox News, or some junk reels off your FB page, real life woke stories.

[/quote]

Just curious what your always protesting? Dozens of protest sounds like a horrible way to spend time. What is it that your always protesting? Not dogging on you at all. Just curious ?

CaptainMusky

Just curious what your always protesting? Dozens of protest sounds like a horrible way to spend time. What is it that your always protesting? Not dogging on you at all. Just curious ?

Yeah, I thought that was awfully peculiar as well.

CaptainMusky

I just finished watching the whole thing and wow, the level to which we were misled and outright lied to is worse than I ever thought possible.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I just finished watching the whole thing and wow, the level to which we were misled and outright lied to is worse than I ever thought possible.

Sadly, Because the info. provided in this show does not fit their narrative, many will dismiss the facts presented in it as the lie. It’s much easier for them to do so, than to admit they may have been wrong.

Beast

I just finished watching it, It’s a sad state what our country has become, and how corrupt it’s become.

Beast

woke = being butt hurt about anything and everything to the point of accepting a lie over the truth just so they can still go around being butt hurt.

shefland
    Walker

yes. watched it.WOW. one thing puzzled me, as a retired mpls FF. I know how the system works or is supposed to work.You call 911 for a emergency, a firetruck with EMT training and a HCMC ambulance with paramedics both respond. FF’s almost always get their first and are in charge till HCMC arrives Sta 17 was just a few blocks away, but they could have been on another run, out inspecting, or anything else. Paramedics arrived first did their thing, and because of the volatile situation, loaded him up and went to park or Portland Ave to continue first aid, but too late, FF’s arrived after the fact . Some bad communication? I do not know. The city will never be the same, I am retired, moved out of dodge, and avoid the town. Big changes which I do not like

Beast

yes. watched it.WOW. one thing puzzled me, as a retired mpls FF. I know how the system works or is supposed to work.You call 911 for a emergency, a firetruck with EMT training and a HCMC ambulance with paramedics both respond. FF’s almost always get their first and are in charge till HCMC arrives Sta 17 was just a few blocks away, but they could have been on another run, out inspecting, or anything else. Paramedics arrived first did their thing, and because of the volatile situation, loaded him up and went to park or Portland Ave to continue first aid, but too late, FF’s arrived after the fact . Some bad communication? I do not know. The city will never be the same, I am retired, moved out of dodge, and avoid the town. Big changes which I do not like

according to the movie if I understood it right the FF went to the wrong location.

LabDaddy1

I’m only halfway through it, as of last night, and am flabbergasted. Even though I’ve always been critical and untrusting of our current leadership, i feel like a sheep due to the sheer extent I was lied to/misled in this case alone… What else have they twisted before/since? Surely Covid response was all on the up and up… another topic, I know.

Reef W

yes. watched it.WOW. one thing puzzled me, as a retired mpls FF. I know how the system works or is supposed to work

There was an off duty firefighter there who testified for the prosecution.

Hansen said she identified herself as an EMT when she got to the scene, and told Officer Thao who she was.

“He responded, ‘if you really are a City of Minneapolis firefighter then you would know better not to get involved,'” Hansen told the court.

RT
    Twin Cities

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>shefland wrote:</div>
    yes. watched it.WOW. one thing puzzled me, as a retired mpls FF. I know how the system works or is supposed to work

There was an off duty firefighter there who testified for the prosecution.

Hansen said she identified herself as an EMT when she got to the scene, and told Officer Thao who she was.

“He responded, ‘if you really are a City of Minneapolis firefighter then you would know better not to get involved,’” Hansen told the court.

And did you see how she was acting? I’d doubt and question the legitimacy of her claim and furthermore, even if her claim to be MFD was accurate (which it proved later to be), I wouldn’t let her near my patient/prisoner for a second. She was unstable, confrontational, unprofessional, and hostile.

jimmysiewert

It is a sad state when even the information and documentation is right in front of so many – and yet they STILL don’t or worse yet, WON’T see the truth.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Look no further than The laptop… *BOOM*

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.