Thanksgiving Gatherings

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Too early?

Deuces

For those of you staying home with smaller groups, you may want to look into ordering pickup from your favorite local restaurant. A lot of places are doing Thanksgiving Meals To Go this year, and if you want to see them make it out the other side they will need your help.

Great idea.

Just looked for some recommendations from neighborhood FB page and ordering ours today.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

At this rate I might be making my own meal alone while my angry wife heads to a multi-state, multi-country, family gathering consisting of several healthcare workers.

Reading this thread makes me feel like I hit my head and woke up in opposite world. Maybe I’ll get to try a turkey on the pellet grill though!

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Same as every year, spending the day in the deer stand.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Reading this thread is a eye opening reminder of what’s going on in the world! Living up north it’s not unusual to go days at a time without even seeing other people! We usually get together with a few neighbors for a bonfire & beers about once a week.
    Our kids all have been working from home since this all started. Its because of all this that we all agreed itd be safe and are driving up for five days.

After reading about so many folks cancelling their plans I felt somewhat compelled to explain our situation as to not sound cavalier regarding the virus. I’ve been fortunate to come out on top after two serious bouts with cancer and place a high importance on my mental health. I can only go so long without seeing and hugging my kids.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Reading this thread is a eye opening reminder of what’s going on in the world! Living up north it’s not unusual to go days at a time without even seeing other people! We usually get together with a few neighbors for a bonfire & beers about once a week.
    Our kids all have been working from home since this all started. Its because of all this that we all agreed itd be safe and are driving up for five days.

After reading about so many folks cancelling their plans I felt somewhat compelled to explain our situation as to not sound cavalier regarding the virus. I’ve been fortunate to come out on top after two serious bouts with cancer and place a high importance on my mental health. I can only go so long without seeing and hugging my kids.

waytogo waytogo go for it!!

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

The tradition of hitting golf balls off the hill onto the lake and watching them roll a mile across the lake. Send to kids out onto the ice to see if it’s thick enough for me to fish. Small group for us. Might start from the beginning of the Sopranos and watch football. My son picks up a lot of the balls as the snow melts in the Spring.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Classic ssaamm!
    My brother in law used to live on the fifth hole at Prestwick in Wedgewood about 160 from the green. The hole is a par five but We’d play from his yard like a par 3. One year on new years day there was no snow but the ground was frozen and we loaded a cooler and played 8 holes. Drives would run forever! Like 350 yard drives!

God I miss him!

Bob P
    Shoreview MN

My daughter, son-in-law, and two grandkids will come to our house. So six of us.

Due to governor’s order, it was a tough call. My wife and I are both 65, so there is some risk. But we have seen them every week or so for the last several months, either at their house or ours. The clincher was that they are moving to Nebraska right after Thanksgiving so we won’t be seeing them for a while.

This year’s planned two household Thanksgiving is a far cry from the last few years. Those were 5 household gatherings.

knoppers
    big lake, backus

we canceled both thanksgiving and christmas this year, it has nothing to do with the governors order, we just thought it would be better this year. I am going up to the cabin on thanksgiving and doin some grouse hunting.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Skirting talking about the virus is still talking about the virus. It’s a no, no. If ya want to stay around best stop.

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

RIGHT ON!

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.