Thanks for the help with the Turd worm!

• mrpike1973

Wow! That’s all I can say. this weekend I went out bought 2 bags of Zman Jigs some Zman worms and I got over 125 bass in 4 days!! woot yay toast I got most right off the weed edge anywhere from 14-17 feet deep. I have never been a very good deep fisherman that changed that and now I can get some fish when the dog days are here tried several lakes same results. I also got a bonus 20 inch walleye woot Anyone else get an eye on the turd worm? Well anyway guys and gals very thankful you all taught me how to use this it is definitely a go to lure may not be a cure all but another tool in the tackle box. I found they usually hit it on the way down or after it hit bottom a couple hops and bam i did not have as much luck just dragging it back.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yessss, turd worm supremacy!!!!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

we whacked big smallies and big walleye on the Zman stuff. caught some decent deep water largies yesterday on them also

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I assume you’re talking about the ned rig. They don’t work very well in thick weeds. I know they make one with a weed guard, but its junk. I much prefer a texas rig in the weeds as opposed to getting hung up all the time using an exposed hook.

SpoonbillSlayer
    St. Michael, MN

Glad you got into some!

Yeah it can be crazy how many fish you can get in a certain spot. I caught some also this weekend on the Ned. Another trick I am slow to learn is to retie more often than you would with using heavier lines on t-rigs and stuff. The lighter line gets weaker quickly at the knot.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

I assume you’re talking about the ned rig. They don’t work very well in thick weeds. I know they make one with a weed guard, but its junk. I much prefer a texas rig in the weeds as opposed to getting hung up all the time using an exposed hook.

I, too, have been having success with the Z-man mushroom jigs and TRD finesse worms this year. You’re right about the weed guard though. It’s also very sharp wire and causes trouble when trying to remove the jig from the fish’s mouth. I’ve accidentally put a few extra holes in some lips because of the wire weed guard doah

Dr. Pomoxis

Mr. Pike,

What size jig head were you using in 14-17 feet? I just bought a bunch as well and am not sure how to fish them!

mrpike1973

Dr Pomoxis I used 1/5 oz the most however I just bought the 1/15 oz head smaller and lighter this seemed to work better as it seemed to glide down better but on windy days may not work as well. You are all correct retie! retie! The weed guards are horrible I cut them off on one pack then got the stub of the wire in the finger ouch wont do that again.

mrpike1973

Oh forgot I’m using a medium light rod with 8# 832 with either a 8# flouro or Mono leader have not decided which works better yet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.