Ammo Re-sale ?

• gobbler
    Central, MN

My brother-in-law owns and operates storage facilities and from time to time people either quit paying or become delinquent with payments. At this point, they have a contract to pay the dues or forfeit what is in the storage unit. Long story short, he called me yesterday and said he has 3000-4000 rounds of Ammo in various sizes. Most of it is Military Surplus 7.62 (2800 rounds) but the rest of it is Brand name.

I told him I would ask around and see what others know about selling ammo.

Any suggestions?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Loaded ammo is relatively easy to sell/ship. It’s the raw components where you run into issues.

UPS

You can NOT use USPS:
    USPS

Personally, I would just sell it locally then you don’t have deal with this garbage.

FedEx

johnee

Yes, best bet would be to sell it locally.

For this kind of quantity, he might consider putting it up on one of the firearms websites. Armslist.com, gunbroker, etc, and try to sell most of it as a single lot.

As just a caution, just make sure there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be selling ammo. IE felony conviction, restraining order, parole terms, etc, etc. Sounds funny, but every year a lot of people get nailed when they forget that firearm and ammo possession is a no-no for a whole host of reasons. It must have been 3-4 years ago when the DNR started cross matching its firearms deer license sales info against the BCA’s file of listed felons. Felons can’t possess firearms legally, so what are they hunting deer with?

Grouse

Grouse

bassmaster
    SE, MN

They don’t do background checks when you buy ammo from a store, and I’ve NEVER heard of a retailer getting into trouble because a bad person bought ammo they aren’t allowed to have.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.