Taking a boat in for service- leave anything in it?

• slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

I have a couple of minor warranty related issues to get taken care of on the new boat and came across a thought when taking my stuff out of it. When you guys take it in for service, do you leave anything in it? PFD’s? Rods and locators? Etc???
    I’m leaving a few minor things in it but I really don’t want to start stripping out the HBirds, Terrova, etc…
    First time I’ve taken one in for service. Making me a bit nervous.

I’d rather not reveal the dealers name as I don’t want this to turn into a trustworthiness debate. But they’re very well known.

Any thoughts or suggestions that will help me rest easy?

Thanks,
    Don

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Regardless of what ya think could get stolen or damaged, get anything out that gets in their way for doing the work out of common courtesy. From there, depending if the boat is staying at the dealership for a while, where it is kept, covered or not – those answers will make the choices easy. That said, I doubt I would unbolt stuff – but anything easy would come out for a lot of reasons. Guessing the dealership would suggest the same thing if you ask.

slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

Thanks Chuck, I guess I knew the answer but like to hear it from others.

Now, if I can get them to just complete the repairs before Friday!

Thanks,

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Having a boat back on a Friday is always a good thing…. Good luck with it all!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I just left my truck at Marquart Motors in Chippewa Falls…and I left two unopened containers of Secret Seven stink bait in the back seat.

Should I be worried?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I just left my truck at Marquart Motors in Chippewa Falls…and I left two unopened containers of Secret Seven stink bait in the back seat.

Should I be worried?

Here’s what happened to the last guy who did that,,,,,,

Hahaha, HRG

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.