Swapped the snowmobiles for a Skeeter…

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I promised myself I would start April on open water and I’m holding myself to it! At least for this week. grin

I spent the morning getting all the needed gear on the boat, double checked all batteries and systems and was able to get the cover on just as the snow started to fall.

I’m headed east to see if I can’t get on some open water walleyes. We’re going to try filming our first night show in the boat. We should be easy to spot as we’ll be the guys rocking a pair of huge LED light panels to give the cameras enough light to record the action.

Bring on the open water!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20180402_122540.jpg

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Have Fun Fishing !

munchy
    NULL

If you need a net-man I’ll graciously volunteer! whistling

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If you need a net-man I’ll graciously volunteer! whistling

I appreciate the offer but PJ Vick beat you to it. If things go okay I’ll post a photo or two from the water tonight. If you don’t see any photos tonight, well, then you know the fishing was a bust. chased

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Go West young man……….or at least South-West. Heard from a buddy in Arizona, no snow or ice. smirk

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Go West young man……….or at least South-West. Heard from a buddy in Arizona, no snow or ice. smirk

That’s a great idea if I didn’t have to be back with footage no later than Wednesday at 8 a.m. The editors can get a little testy when I start borrowing their editing time so I can go in a warmer direction. grin

Charles

Nice, to see you out in about.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Nice to see you period. We were concerned wave

S.R.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Nice to see you period. We were concerned wave

S.R.

Always nice to be missed but I can assure you there was no cause for concern. My wife pointed out that it had been a very long time since we had taken a winter vacation as a family. Typically my wife and my daughter had South without me but they both convinced me this year that arrangement was no longer acceptable.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

That’s a great idea if I didn’t have to be back with footage no later than Wednesday at 8 a.m. The editors can get a little testy when I start borrowing their editing time so I can go in a warmer direction. grin

Hmm, even with my high school education I can figure out if you are still tapping a keyboard on Monday afternoon and need footage in by Wed. am you will have a long day tomorrow and better be on fish right away! grin

I for one am glad to hear I can finally watch the show again. Enough of this ice stuff! waytogo

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

NIGHT SHOW??? whistling

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

I can confirm from my back yard I can not see any snow or ice in Arizona.

Attachments:
    1. image.jpeg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Longest fish of the night at 28″ spawned out. Lots of fish in the 23″ – 26″ range. We’re heading to the hotel for some shut-eye!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20180403_054421.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Looks like the new Rig is working out well for you. waytogo

Ryan P
    Farmington

Excited for an open water show!!!

Bryan Bender
    N.E. WI

If you are where I think you are, the snowmobiles might have been handy!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.