Open Seat 4/2

• big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thinking about taking a partial day trip sometime Wednesday Thursday or Friday (whatever day works)Launch at Everts around 10AM and fish till around 4. Can ride with me(from Rochester or point in between)or meet at launch. Free ride – bring a lunch – would enjoy the company. Bring own tackle or use mine. Also as of right now, I am planning on fishing Saturday and don’t currently have anyone going along. probably fish as much as I can next couple of weeks – need to get some hours on new motor because of very limited warranty time.

wallygator
    cohasset mn.

where is everets ??

wallygator
    cohasset mn.

ok i found out where it is i guess thats a little ways away from me sure sounds temting , hows the fishin been ? ive never fished down there before whats the limit out of there and , does that close to walleyes ?

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Limit is 6/day Walleyes must be over 15″ Sauger no size limit As latest reports have shown, fishing relatively slow although it is a time of year when they can light up in a hurry. Plus I’m sure (with a tournament coming up Sunday) that the info is not flowing fast and furious regarding any good bites nor will the info be widely shared till after the weekend

fishinfool
    mn

I’ll take it. sent you a PM for Saturday. FF

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thursday and Friday are still open – I couldn’t go today but will leaving here tomorrow at 9:00 AM (be at Everts around 10 – 10:30)

jld235
    Eau Claire

Man…I wish. I’m a full-time firefighter and am scheduled to pull a 72hr shift, otherwise I’d be there. This website has got me itching to get on the water and test all my new gear. I’ll keep a close watch on this board since my boat needs some TLC before I fire it up. Good luck this week.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

Man…I wish. I’m a full-time firefighter and am scheduled to pull a 72hr shift, otherwise I’d be there. This website has got me itching to get on the water and test all my new gear. I’ll keep a close watch on this board since my boat needs some TLC before I fire it up. Good luck this week.

i hear you there, I am itching to go and lose some more tackle to create spaces in the both of them for some new stuff that i have my eye on from the bass pro shop. some nice pan fish stuff and also some new cranks.

shane

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Well, I hope to be trying again by this Friday (4/2) or possibly Thursday. New motor only survived 2 hours on the water first trip out. (locked up) New one is here and will be installed on Wednesday – depending on how it goes, I may be heading out Thursday

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Wish I could take you up on your offer Mike, I will be leaving on Sat For Branson Missouri to fish Table Rock Lake Hopefully I can post a report while I am down there.

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Steve – have fun! Should be some beautiful weather down there by now. I’m getting really anxious to get out – this motor thing really has screwed me up. Still not going to be able to concentrate on much fishing until I’m sure motor is ok. Although, as always, there’s a silver lining. #1 – Mercury gave up on trying to fix original motor so I’m getting a brand new one(limited warranty though) #2 – Not only caught up on “at home” projects but way ahead.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Big,

Was this the inboard on you Lund??

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Yes, It was the inboard. What a bummer, after fighting excessive oil consumption from day one, and several lay ups in the shop, Mercury gave up on trying to repair original engine and sent a brand new one to replace it. It was the new replacement that didn’t survive first two hours of running.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

We’ll if you check this before you head out, I was planning on fishing today 4.2, but my buddy never called me back And I’m a bit tired of fishing alone this year already, I’d gladly go along with you if you still have room, Give me a holler, I’m finishing up midnight shift so I’ll be up , give me a holler if you’re still looking for company, I got my own gear, and I am ready to go at a moment’s notice. Give me a holler.

-Nick 612-386-3337-anytime

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.