Suzuki DF140 Trim Gauge

• uninc4709

I wanted a trim gauge on my new boat and I was told the harness was behind the dash and ready to be plugged in. The gauge has one plug (trim sender with ground) and an ignition wire and several other options for install. I found the plug for the trim sender (white with yellow) and ground as well as the auxiliary ignition (grey) piggy backing from the warning gauge as the service guy mentioned should be there. I tested power at the ignition wire and was receiving power. The trim gauge however was not working… I was told that was all I should need and confirmed with the brief instructions that were provided.

Anyone have any insight on this? From my brief reading online, it doesn’t sound like the trim sender/receiver has it’s own port at the ECU and is just combined in the harness itself. This is the Suzuki branded gauge.

Mr Big Eves
    Prior Lake, MN

The plugs are all integrated in the Suzuki control harness. The connection plugs you found are located close the throttle control box, correct? Your essentially splicing off the trim up/down wires from the control box using Suzuki’s bullet connectors. Maybe they do have extension wires added to get them under the dash but I don’t recall that being the case….

Here is something to try to help determine if the gauge actually works.

Attachments:
    1. Capture.jpg

uninc4709

https://productimageserver.com/literature/installations/54633IN.pdf

I have the white/yellow and black harness available behind the dash that stem from the main harness. This is the manual that came with my gauge. It has the 3 piece connector and I was under the assumption based on a conversation with the service guy, the black connection in the plug with the trim sender was a ground and I could basically skip over step 4… but perhaps I need to complete that for the actual ground? The attached picture I have circled all my connections ( I know the green orange is for lights).

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2021-08-31-075317.jpg

Mr Big Eves
    Prior Lake, MN

Follow step 4. You need the +(grey) and the -(black) to power the gauge, then the trim sender is what “communicates” between the trim switch and gauge.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.