Survey – Do you know anyone who has or had Coronavirus ???

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I curious who here knows someone, and how many they know ( Lets keep it to family or close friends. Don’t want my sister in laws 2nd cousins husband ) who have been confirmed to have had it. Maybe also tell us the following :

If they have / had any underlying health conditions
    what medical treatment they required to treat it.

Lets not get into any of the whole report #’s – We all know how #’s can be Manipulated to show almost any findings you want them to. Maybe this will help some of us ( Myself included ) See this in a little different light and change how I / We think about some of the things being done due to it. I think one of the things that make it hard for myself and others to understand this issue, is because we simply are not seeing anyone who been effected by it or seen vary few who have.

I myself only know of 2 people who have been confirmed to have had it.

#1 – Was mid 40’s and had no underlying health conditions. This person was forced to have a test by their employer and did not even have any symptoms and never did feel sick in anyway.
    #2 – Was mid 50’s and had no underlying health conditions I know of. She did not require any medical treatment. sain she felt about like she did with a mild flu.

I am curious what others experience with it are.

Ripjiggen

1 and 2. 1 was 38 and was really sick for two weeks and took about a month to fully recover. No underlying conditions. Her husband had it also. He was 42 and has asthma non smoker and was hospitalized and has since recovered. His asthma seems worse now.

3 52 year old mild case. Sick for a few days with fever.

4 37 year old sick for two and half weeks was in hospital for a couple of the days. No underlying health conditions. Since recovered.

5 68 year old died. Not sure of health conditions.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My Father’s college roommate got it in late March. He lives in north Iowa. I’ve only met him once but my old man keeps in touch with him and goes on a golf trip with him every spring.

He’s mid 60’s and it took him about 3 weeks to recover. Did not have to go to the hospital/ICU for it. I was told through my Father that it completely sapped his energy for days on end. Even getting up to urinate drained him. Never had difficulty breathing but had the other common symptoms: high fever, dry cough, chills/aches. I don’t know if he has any underlying health conditions.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Yes.
    Brother and his girlfriend. Both mid 30’s decent health. both recovered. Someone at her work got it and came to work yet.

Friends/neighbors. Husband and wife, both early 50’s. She was a nurse he worked at a Jennie-O. Not sure who got it first. Both good health, far as I know completely recovered.

Cousin that I work with everyday. Got tested yesterday. Very likely he has it. Myself and my oldest got tested today. We have no current symptoms, but cousins checks all the boxes. He’s good health but does get sick alot. His bro in law had it a month ago. He’s an EMT in St Paul. Fully recovered.

Another friend. His wife is a nurse. She, he, and their child took turns with it. All good health. 30’s child is 1-2. All recovered.

Everyone I knew stayed home for recovery.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

GF is a nurse. 23YO had it in April. Felt sick for 2-3 days and was fine. Said the quarantining was way worse than the sickness.

greig john
    Inactive
    Minnesota

I have one friend out of state whose family got it. Him, his wife, and all three kids. Kids had mild symptoms for a couple days. His wife had severe flu symptoms for a week, but was not hospitalized.
    He is currently on his 8th day in the hospital. He developed pneumonia and has now had donor plasma treatments. His insurance has denied oxygen use, and he continues to lie prone or on his side because he can’t breathe on his back.

He’s in his 40s, is overweight, but I’m not aware of other health conditions. He could very well have hypertension or be pre-diabetic or something, but I don’t know.

Great Laker

Yes. One of my classmates in my MBA program came down with it in April. Shes in her late 20s, healthy, no underlying health conditions, and she was in pretty rough shape for over a week.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yes.

1. Cousin. Female age 49. Non smoker with no underlying conditions. 21 days in hospital and 6 in ICU. Survived, but over 30 days after being dischargeded she doesn’t feel she has recovered yet.

2. Family of 5. Wife is a nurse and we coached basketball together. Whole family came down with symptoms at same time. No hospitalizations required, but about 10 days of feeling miserable.

3. Only surviving grandparent of friend of my wife’s. In assisted living, 90 but in good mental and physical health. Contracted Covid and died without being able to see family again.

Grouse

Fish To Escape

Several of my coworkers, several of the wife’s coworkers. Most had mild symptoms or worse symptoms but not overly serious ones. Wife had one former coworker in his early 50s with mild hypertension that died. I had one coworker in late 20s that has mild asthma who was hospitalized for a week, not icu. She has been back to work for 6 weeks but her lung capacity is still 30% reduced. One family friend that caught it and it went through the whole family, their main symptom was severe diarrhea for a few days, even the kids.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

One. A coworker in his late 40’s, didn’t even know he was sick until the test results came back. After he tested postitive (two months ago) absolutely nobody else at work has gotten ill at all.

SR

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Nope, but the way it works if you know one, you are likely to know many.

buschman
    Pool 2

I directly know 5 that were positive..

32-58 years old. 3 did not even know they had the virus. Very mild. Loss of taste, sore muscles or easily fatigued but mild not concerning to them. Two of these 3 were tested at work. They other two said it was more like a mild flu that lasted 2-3 days.

No treatment and all recovered just fine.

Justin riegel

1 CO WORKER, HIS WIFE, AND MOTHER IN LAW. ALL RECOVERED FINE, HE IS CLOSE TO 60 WITH ASTHMA, NOT SURE ON WIFE OR MOTHER IN LAW. I IMAGINE THE MOTHER IN LAW MUST BE IN 80S. HE TOLD ME HE WAS JUST TIRED FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS.

Brad Dimond

BIL, wife and stepson (my sister’s husband, she passed unexpectedly as did his current wife’s first husband) ages 56, 56 and 21 respectively. No underlying health conditions. No medical treatment, BIL body aches, bad chest congestion, coughing, high fever. Wife headaches, mid-grade fever, sinus congestion. Stepson asymptomatic.
    BIL and niece. Ages 50 and 20. BIL body aches, bad chest congestion, coughing, high fever with no underlying condiditions. Niece body aches, mid-grade fever, sinus congestion. She has been battling tonsillitis and throat abcess since Christmas, was hospitalized on IV antibiotics in early January. Tonsilectomy scheduled for her Spring Break cancelled as voluntary surgery during COVID lockdown. Neither receiving medical treatment at this time. My son, his girlfriend, two nephews and a niece (SIL’s kids) are quarantined after BIL and his daughter visited the lake cottage at which all were staying. So far all are well, waiting for lab results for COVID tests. There are worse places to quarantine than at the lake.
    Neighbor (F), age 62. No underlying health conditions. No medical treatment. Severe headaches, body aches, chest congestion, coughing, high fever. No hospitalization, IV nourishment at home. Down and out for a month.

I know several others, all in the medical field, but they don’t fit Fishthumper’s criteria for closeness of relationship.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The going theory is that at some point everyone will be seriously affected or know someone very close to them who will be very seriously affected or dies. Given the projected 5-7% infection rate, this post seems to align with both. You can’t really say that for any other pandemic in at least the last 50 years.

IBPhishin

Yes, My wife (33), myself (33) and my kids all had it in mid march.
    I had no symptoms. My wife had a fever for a day, cough and fatigue for about 5 days. She then lost her sense of smell and taste for 3 weeks. Has since made a full recovery. My son (4) was asymptomatic and my daughter (2) had a fever for 24 hours and was back to normal after a day or so. At the time, I had read that blood type made a difference in severity of symptoms with A being the most susceptible to have symptoms and O being the least. Anecdotally, that proved to be true in my family.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

No.
    But I truly belive we all either have had it ourselves or know somebody who has had it already. A lot of people rode it out at home. Without ever being tested
    I think it is, and has been more wide spread than they have led us to belive.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

No

The_Bladepuller
    South end

1) 90+ yr old woman in assisted living tested, came back +, & shows zero symptoms.
    2) 20 yr old D2 college MBB player who likely contacted it in a bar w/ former AAU teammates. Exposed his 71 yo grandmother & 82 yo grandfather before finding out. Now in quarantine w/ his father who believes Covid is a hoax. Karma could be a bitch.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Next door neighbors, 30’s and healthy. Miserable for 2 weeks- no hospitalization required.

Pete

BrianF

I’ve not personally known a single person that has come down with this illness, other than my son’s 24 y.o. girlfriend who lives in LA.

God, I hope I didn’t just jinx myself!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I know 3.

One is a football coach in his mid 40s, no underlying health conditions. Spent 18 days in the hospital (6 in ICU) is home now but not coaching this Fall and doesn’t have any stamina.

One is a fishing buddy’s dad. He’s in his 60s with no underlying health issues other than being a bit obese. He stayed in the hospital a couple of nights due to dehydration and missed 2 weeks of work before recovering.

Another is my first cousin. He is in his late 30s and got it at his welding business outside Milwaukee after two of his employees came in sick (and later tested positive). He recovered at home without issue other than fatigue and weakness.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.