Sunfish shallow yet? What are water temps?

• tim hurley

Could use a few sunnys for the family fish fry, always throw back the tanks. Thanks

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You want me to catch them for you ? Or are you asking for a spot.

queenswake
    NULL

Shouldn’t be rocket science to find them this time of a year. Bobber and worm at the weedlines. If you can’t find them, slowly troll a beetlespin until you do.

tim hurley

Just want water temps, did you think this was directed at you bear? ?????????
    Thanks for your help queen, though given that people do get skunked on anything but dinks, would say details matter, catching a nice ‘gill is as hard as getting a nice Walter. James has had many episodes on these details threw the ice, can be the same in the summer especially in pressured waters. Stay positive or don’t respond-my 2 cents.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I wasn’t being negative, just giving you a hard time. I figured you could handle that. Keepers are about as easy as it gets right now. The episodes he has is about catching hogs right ? Which you wouldn’t keep any ways. They are shallow around us. Just like always.

tim hurley

Cool Bear, I dish it, so I can take it too cool

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

68 just north of me. 72 just south of me

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

A couple of lakes were 66 in the southern MN area. I am sure that will change quickly with Tuesday marked for 95 and the rain.

deertracker

We were catching them last night in about 4 feet of water in the Alexandria area. Bottom was muddy but lots of thick weeds. Forgot to look at water temp. Nothing huge for size. I think the biggest was 9 inches. Had a nice flat nose on it. A few of the smaller ones I cleaned had eggs.
    DT

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Go out and sight fish the beds. They are on them and every where right now. It made me want to fish for gills during my bass tournament saturday. There were some bigs too. Water temps were high 60s to 70.

tim hurley

Thanks for all the reports-got distracted and started fishing for crappies-almost switched back when I saw a heron with little effort walk over and stab a plate from a known spawning spot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.