Summer fishing trip

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Is it to early to ask?

Anybody have any trips they are planning? Something new or a annual trip?
    Personally I want to hit LOW for Pike & Muskie this fall. Have never done it before, looking forward to planning something.

dbright
    Cambridge

I have a few trips in the works for smallies and muskies on the Upper Croix, Upper Mississippi and big fork. We have been talking about taking a trip out to Devil’s lake too.

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

Never to early to discus fishing! I live for open water and experiences with my boys!

Milford Reservoir in March for blue cats

Rainy River in April for walleye and sturgeon

Red River in May for channel cats

Red River in June for channel cat tourney

Lake of the Woods in July for walleye

Would like to add a small mouth trip Mille Lacs, would August be a good time?

Then probably back to Lake of the Woods in September or October.

My plan this year between trips is to spend a bunch of time on Tonka during the week and the Mississippi/St. Croix rivers near Prescott on the weekends.

I get to pickup the new boat on Friday and then it’s time to break it in.

Karry Kyllo

My wife and I are heading to Fort Peck in July for a week for something different. I’m really looking forward to it.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

A family member is going to utilize some land on Leech, looking forward to learning that lake this year.

Really presses the need to upgrade the boat doah

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Annual cat fishing trip staying at Everts in early June. Earliest we have ever gone, but can’t be anything but a good time.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

A family member is going to utilize some land on Leech, looking forward to learning that lake this year.

Really presses the need to upgrade the boat doah

Ya know……….Jeremy Smith from In-Fisherman use to guide out of a certain Tuffy on Leech. grin Rumor has it the Ghosts of Leech still reside in that boat. jester jester jester

FryDog62

Tentative, but hopeful after surgery on both wrists in the past 15 months to do the following.

•Early April – South Dakota smallmouth/walleye/white bass with my daughter the “Wacky Woman.” Plan to use Tom Sawvell’s custom plastics )

•Late April – back to South Dakota fishing with the Lesnars for walleyes and white bass.

•Early May – Smallmouth fishing at my neighbor’s cabin in Hayward, WI

•Late May – trip WAY far north on the Mississippi for multi-species…

•Memorial weekend – looking for a PB and 6+ lb smallmouth on Mille Lacs.

•Early June – Big Pike up North somewhere … With Brian in his new sparkly boat??

•June – anywhere my dad wants to go, most likely Wabasha on the river – multi-species.

•July – dock and scum mat fishing for bucket mouths around the metro.

•August – back to Mille Lacs for smallies

•September – Rainy Lake with 8 other guys from high school for the “Dan Gleesack” invitational tournament.

•October – Upper Mississippi with guide Joe Scegura

•November – Muskies in Northern Minn

•December – NO SURGERIES SCHEDULED this year )

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Late June is the annual trip to Canada (English River near Grassy Narrows)

Early October is the annual trip to Rainy Lake

Fish locally for all other weekends

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

Early May opener leech lake for 4 days. 2 weeks later back up for 5 days for the leech lake tournament.

Lac suel annual trip and cliff lake for lakers and walleyes on lac suel 9 day trip on July.

August trip to the Teton mounting in Wyoming with the Atv and trout fishing while we’re up there.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Wow, some really nice trips planned.

Fluffchucker
    NW Wisconsin

Wow, you guys all have some great trips planned. I’ve got three planned for the next year, and will likely be trying to add in fourth to LOW if I can convince a buddy or two to tag along.

1) June – A week in the BWCA with my brothers

2) September – 2 Weeks Fly fishing in Montana/Wyoming

3) December – A week in the Bahamas fly fishing for bonefish

We’d talked about canceling the Montana trip in favor of a Spring fly-in Ontario trip, but we feel that now it’s going to be too late to get it all planned and booked. So we’ll stick to swinging streamers and throwing hoppers for some big fall trout in Montana.

Bill Koepke

My buddies and I just booked a Salmon Charter on lake michigan for the last weekend in April. Pretty Pumped because this is something I’ve wanted to do for about 10 years, and hopefully it lives up to my excitement. Would love to be able to do some of these trips you guys talk about in the future, but time gets pretty tight when working 60+hours in the summer

big_g
    Isle, MN

June 16-23 Fly-In trip at Brisebois Lake in Northern Manitoba again ! Can’t wait ! We do this every other year, love the even numbered years ! yay smash

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Nothing out of the ordinary, April to Rainy River, July to a Rainy Lake Houseboat, hopefully a fall camping trip to Vermillion or Rainy lake, and now since I have Waconia and Minnetonka nearby a lot of trips there to see what the big city lakes have to offer. Oh and hopefully a LOT of trips to the Cabin and the surrounding lakes around Park Rapids and Leech Lake. Just need more time!!!

brad-o
    Mankato

Early May Sebago lake Maine. Lakers and salmon! Fresh seafood for a week to.

31lifer

Heading to Lake Minnitaki near Sioux Lookout, Ontario on June 11th with my wife, twin daughters and some other family members. I have been to this lake about 25 times so I know it very well and the fishing is awesome! A tip to guys heading to Canada this summer who want to catch the big walleyes is use the baits you would normally throw out for big pike or musky. My favorite bait is the Fudally Reef Hog in the perch pattern.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

Mar/April-Pool 4/Rainy(Search for heaviest walleye of the year)
    Early May-Lake Erie(6 Fish/Day, No possession, fill the freezer)
    Mid May-Bay de Noc(NTC)
    July-Leech(Family Vacation)
    May through Aug-St. Louis/Lk Superior
    July/Aug-Lk Michigan(salmon trip)

mojogunter

Our fishing club North Star Infisherman has a few trips planned

May: Big Sandy and Green Bay

June: Leech Lake

August: Lotw out of rocky point and Lake Superior

September: Lotw out of Baudette

October: pool 4

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

This year I’m making three trips to Rainy Lake. May 28th, June 30th and August 15th. At 71 time is running out so I added the May trip with some buddies to fill my summer. I’m starting to learn the lake fairly good so I expect some great fishing.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.